DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Suggestions for a Quick Release. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/474760-suggestions-quick-release.html)

Eric Erps March 14th, 2010 07:49 AM

Suggestions for a Quick Release.

I need a quick release for everything (3 cameras, tripod, shoulder rig, slider, etc etc).

I want to keep everything the same.

Any suggestions on a good quick release that you have used?

Chris Soucy March 14th, 2010 01:08 PM

Hi Eric..................

This works pretty good...............

tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 357 - UNIVERSAL SLIDING PLATE

CS

Denise Wall March 14th, 2010 01:52 PM

Eric, if you're looking for a QR for the Libec 38, I tried that 357PL mentioned above and it did not work.

Dale Guthormsen March 14th, 2010 05:36 PM

Good evening,

I have five 357s with the extended plates. In only on circumstance does it not work. I uave a rail for the xlh1 and I had to grind down the tightening lever as it hit the rail. I use them on the vinten, gitzo and the steady cam and a couple other low end things that get used in the muck.

they are pretty sound.

Chris Soucy March 14th, 2010 06:14 PM

Hi.........

When mounting the 357, you need to adjust the locking lever so that it only requires a 180 degree flip from horizontal to horizontal to lock/ unlock.

If you don't, it will hit the plate/ rail/ whatever etc under it and not function.

It's a very simple adjustment.

CS

Eric Erps March 14th, 2010 06:44 PM

Dale, Denise is referring to the H38 FH I have. I was looking for a QR plate that would work with it, but I don't think there is one. So I am just going to go with one QR system for everything, and replace the QR on the H38 head with whatever I go with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denise Wall (Post 1499520)
Eric, if you're looking for a QR for the Libec 38, I tried that 357PL mentioned above and it did not work.

I think I am just going to go with one good QR system, and not base it off the odd ball Libec H38 QR. This means I am going to have to replace the Libec clamp with whatever QR I decide to go with. I really wish Libec used a standard clamp/plate like a 577 or 357.

Thanks Chris for the 357 suggestion.

Any other suggestions besides the Manfrotto 357 that you guys like?

Walter Brokx March 31st, 2010 09:58 AM

I'm using a Manfrotto 501 PLONG plate on 577 adapters and on the HDV503 fluidhead (1 on a tripod and 1 on a Cinevate Atlas track).
I use the long version of the 501 so I can easily balance the camera (EX1R). Besides that the long version comes with 2 1/4" and 2 3/8" screws like the 357, but you can postion a screw in front of the 'pin' if you want. (And that's what I want, since the EX1R has 2 screwholes: 1 in front of the pinhole and one behind it).

I haven't tested the 577 adapter on a shoulderrig, but that will come soon I guess.

Ben Longden April 3rd, 2010 05:01 AM

Its probably not much help, but the standard Sony VCT-U14 system takes a lot to beat...

Ben