Suggestions for a Quick Release. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 14th, 2010, 07:49 AM   #1
New Boot

Suggestions for a Quick Release.

I need a quick release for everything (3 cameras, tripod, shoulder rig, slider, etc etc).

I want to keep everything the same.

Any suggestions on a good quick release that you have used?
Eric Erps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hi Eric..................

This works pretty good...............

tripods, heads, monopods, light stands, camera supports, lighting supports, professional tripod 357 - UNIVERSAL SLIDING PLATE

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 01:52 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Eric, if you're looking for a QR for the Libec 38, I tried that 357PL mentioned above and it did not work.
Denise Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Good evening,

I have five 357s with the extended plates. In only on circumstance does it not work. I uave a rail for the xlh1 and I had to grind down the tightening lever as it hit the rail. I use them on the vinten, gitzo and the steady cam and a couple other low end things that get used in the muck.

they are pretty sound.
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi.........

When mounting the 357, you need to adjust the locking lever so that it only requires a 180 degree flip from horizontal to horizontal to lock/ unlock.

If you don't, it will hit the plate/ rail/ whatever etc under it and not function.

It's a very simple adjustment.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:44 PM   #6
New Boot

Dale, Denise is referring to the H38 FH I have. I was looking for a QR plate that would work with it, but I don't think there is one. So I am just going to go with one QR system for everything, and replace the QR on the H38 head with whatever I go with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Wall View Post
Eric, if you're looking for a QR for the Libec 38, I tried that 357PL mentioned above and it did not work.
I think I am just going to go with one good QR system, and not base it off the odd ball Libec H38 QR. This means I am going to have to replace the Libec clamp with whatever QR I decide to go with. I really wish Libec used a standard clamp/plate like a 577 or 357.

Thanks Chris for the 357 suggestion.

Any other suggestions besides the Manfrotto 357 that you guys like?
Eric Erps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2010, 09:58 AM   #7
Major Player

I'm using a Manfrotto 501 PLONG plate on 577 adapters and on the HDV503 fluidhead (1 on a tripod and 1 on a Cinevate Atlas track).
I use the long version of the 501 so I can easily balance the camera (EX1R). Besides that the long version comes with 2 1/4" and 2 3/8" screws like the 357, but you can postion a screw in front of the 'pin' if you want. (And that's what I want, since the EX1R has 2 screwholes: 1 in front of the pinhole and one behind it).

I haven't tested the 577 adapter on a shoulderrig, but that will come soon I guess.
Old April 3rd, 2010, 05:01 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Its probably not much help, but the standard Sony VCT-U14 system takes a lot to beat...

Ben
Ben Longden is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads