Libec T98C? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old July 12th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Libec T98C?

I am in need of a good 100mm head set of tripod legs really quickly and B&H, etc seem to have very few in stock for shipment right away...

One that has shown up is the Libec T98C -- I've seen some mention of the LS70 (complete set - legs+head) but nothing about the Libec T98C legs...

Any opinions? Will be supporting around 18lbs... (plus my Manfrotto 526 head)

Thank you in advanced!
Scott E. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #2
Inner Circle

HI, Scott..........

Can't offer any words of wisdom on the 98C, except, you get what you pay for, which isn't encourageing.

Do bear in mind that although the tripod is shown as in - stock, the mid level spreader to suit is on 7 - 14 days delivery.

Not impossible to use without the mid level, but asking for trouble in awkward situations, and certainly won't have the same rigidity.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #3
New Boot

Good catch on the spreader... I found one at Adorama that can get shipped ASAP - so that is a fix.

I went ahead and ordered the tripod - we'll see how well it works tomorrow! If it turns out not to work well with the heavier camera systems I can just sell it and wait the 7-14 days for a Vinten or Sachtler to show up.

I'll post the results on here for others to learn from.
Scott E. Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:52 PM   #4
New Boot

4 days of filming later and....

.... it isn't that bad of a tripod. Is it perfect? Nope - but it (along with a Manfrotto 526 head) kept our 22lb rig stable.

This is my first Carbon Fiber tripod and I am in love -- so light! I love it! The 526 head weighs twice as much as the legs!

Will these be my only set of legs? Nope - but they do make a good set for backup, etc.

Overall, I highly suggest them to people who want a good, stable set of legs without paying a lot of money.

Just know that you need the spreader and rubber feet as extra purchases...
Scott E. Brown is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads