VZ-HIPOD from VARIZOOM is a fraud! read this... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

VZ-HIPOD from VARIZOOM is a fraud! read this...

Hey guys,

This is my story,,

I recently wanted to buy THE VARIZOOM VZ-HIPOD which u can find on the official varizoom site
VariZoom Tripods, Lens Controls, Monitor Kits, Camera Stabilizers, Supports, Batteries - Phone: 512-219-7722
and ofcourse on varizoom dealers (like B&H )around the world.

After searching I saw that the price of this item is almost the same everywhere so I have desided to buy the HIPOD from the dealer in my country so I contacted him. He sent me a proforma invoice and I paid for the item the amount of 720 euro + vat + shipping cost.

the dealer told me that the Varizom VZ-HIPOD is out of stock and he will order one for me from Varizoom and I should receive it in 10 days..

After 10 days , the courier came to my door with a large parcel....

I opened the parcel and what do u think I found inside?

VZ-HIPOD? yes!...............oops! NOOOOOOOOOOO

i mean i found the tripod but with a different name insteed of vz-hipod!

i found this!
Sell Kupo 483 wind-up lighting stand - Kupo Co., Ltd

Kupo 483 wind-up lighting stand !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS u can see from the pictures ITS NOT an identical item BUT IS THE SAME ITEM with the main difference the ORIGINAL brand NAME!

U can search for ''Kupo 483 wind-up lighting stand ''and u can see that it is the half price of the HIPOD!

its seems that Varizoom is buying from KUPO The light stand and they are selling it as a VZ-HIPOD but with a double price!!! they do not even place a varizoom sticker on it............. they sell it as Hipod but they ship it with the original manufacter name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shame for varizoom!

unfortunatly this story is true and I lost my money . Varizoom cheating on customers!

ps: I have contacted the dealer to report him this story this and he told me that this is the parcel that varizoom is selling him, and is true.......... :(

ps2: shame for varizoom x2!
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM   #2
Major Player

They're not the only ones who do it...
Video Camera Tripod Propod by ALZO
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/623781-REG/Davis_Sanford_PROVISTA18_PROVISTA18_ProVista_Tripod_with.html
Sorry to hear that you're upset & it sucks when you learn you could have gotten something for cheaper. The biggest thing that I would remind you is that value & cost are two very different things.

I own some equipment which costs very little, but is worth a lot more to me. Is the tripod you purchased worth the money you spent on it? If so, then don't think that Varizoom stole your money, think that you paid Varizoom to discover & market a unique piece of equipment that you'll get lots of use out of & if it wasn't for Varizoom you wouldn't have it.

A glass being half empty or half full is 100% up to you & your mindset.
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I sort of agree with u Zach,

is not the highest price that is making me to be upset about VARIZOOM.

I am upset with them cause I Bought a VZ-HIPOD and they sent me a KUPO LIGHTING STAND , not even a varizoom sticker on the tripod.... they didnt even got in trouble to print their sticker for the item that they are promoting, they are Selling it on their website as HIPOD but they ship it with the original manufacter name (Kupo) Varizoom is cheating their customers with this product........... is not an identical item but IT IS the SAME ITEM.
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Anthony,

I checked your link to Vari-Zoom and note that if you are not satisfied you can get your money back, to quote : -

"Guaranteed best or your money back"
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads