DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Vinten Vision Blue consumer demand exceeding supply (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/493538-vinten-vision-blue-consumer-demand-exceeding-supply.html)

Robin Davies-Rollinson March 24th, 2011 01:26 PM

Vinten Vision Blue consumer demand exceeding supply

I ordered one of these heads about three weeks ago. Today I was told by the UK supplier that it would be April before I can expect shipping, since they have been called back to the factory in Germany. Has anyone found or heard of a fault at all?

Mike Beckett March 24th, 2011 04:11 PM

re: Vinten Vision Blue consumer demand exceeding supply

No word of it on the Vinten site, Robin, and I've had no problems with mine.

I've fired off an email to the God of Tripods (Peter Harman) to see if he can shed some light on this.

Robin Davies-Rollinson March 24th, 2011 04:37 PM

Thanks Mike, I've emailed Peter as well.
I don't really understand what's going on here...

Chris Soucy March 24th, 2011 10:01 PM

The factory for both Vinten and Sachtler is actually in Costa Rica, the main distribution centre for both is in the UK.

Love to hear any updates on this as well, nothing's appeared on my radar.

I do know that Vinten was totally unprepared for the sheer volume of VB's rolling out the door, and that has probably given the production line a serious problem coping with the numbers.

That is one heck of a popular support system, and with damn good reason.

CS

Mike Beckett March 25th, 2011 01:12 AM

Yep, when I ordered my system there was a delay on the order - ProAV told me they had to wait for deliveries from Vinten. So either some sort of manufacturing delay, or they can't make 'em fast enough.

Hope it's more that sort of reason than any actual problems!

Peter Harman March 25th, 2011 02:45 AM

Good morning/afternoon/evening all

Well, what a message to wake up to. I heard the same thing yesterday, but from a dealer in mainland Europe. Ill tell you what I told them:

Since the launch back in September 2010, we have had three customer issues out of the hundreds of Vision blue systems already in the field. Two were found to be damaged in the field and one was found to be that the customer had specked his head wrongly and used the "faulty product" card to get it swapped to a Vision 3AS. Although any failure is regrettable, and we do treat each on very seriously, I wouldn’t call these three issues anywhere near major. They showed nothing that would cause us concern or a recall. The issue is simple - demand outstrips supply at the moment. This wont continue and we have changed our build plan to up the numbers accordingly.

Just for clarity, we don't have a manufacturing plant in Germany. Our facilities in Germany are 2 x sales offices and a distribution centre. Manufacturing facilities are in the UK and Costa Rica. Both are world class facilities and I'm proud to say that Vision blue along with the Vision AS are all made in Costa Rica.

The truth of the matter is that I've never had to conduct a recall on any of these products, and I don't foresee the need to do so in the future. We have very robust processes and procedures in place to manage and ensure the build quality and the teams are all fully trained & extremely conscientious.

There is nothing wrong with the quality and performance of Vision blue.

Robin, please let me have your dealers details so i can get to the bottom of their issue.

Hope that clears up the situation.

Have a great day.

Chris Soucy March 25th, 2011 04:54 AM

Robin, I think (therefore I know nothing) you have been given the age old "well, I can't get one, so blame the manufacturer any way I can" scam.

Doesn't matter how well known the supplier, the manufacturer cops it at the end when there's a hot client at the gates.

I can assure you, unless there has been a serious, boy, and I mean serious, screw up somewhere in the supply chain, except for sheer volume, there is little I can see going wrong with a VB assemble.

CS

Dale Guthormsen April 1st, 2011 02:45 PM

Re: Vinten Vision Blue consumer demand exceeding supply

I am so jealous of all you guys with blus!!!!!! I have two good tripods, one a vintin vision 6, and I would love to try on a blue, just got to corner some unallocated bucks I reckon. wait a minute, I have no unallocated bucks!!

Vinten has done a great job here, its great they need to up the production, that is a testimony in itself!!!

Simon Zimmer April 6th, 2011 07:14 PM

Is Vinten Vision Blue shipping without delays yet?

Thanks,

Simon

Robin Davies-Rollinson April 6th, 2011 11:33 PM

I was told by my UK supplier yesterday that I could expect it on or around April 5th.

Mike Beckett April 7th, 2011 01:55 AM

Simon,

Thing to do is just put your order in. If you wait for it to become in-stock before you buy, it looks like you could be waiting for quite a while!

Robin, I hope it arrives soon for you, I'd be very interested to hear your view from the "pro" side of the fence, rather than the "mad hobbyist" side of the fence that I live on.

Chris Soucy April 7th, 2011 02:06 AM

Well, I guesss the best thing to do is check with: Peter.Harman@VitecGroup.com and see what he has to say, which I'll do right now, as he obviously hasn't picked up on this thread (lately, not suprising given NAB is just around the corner).

CS

Simon Zimmer April 7th, 2011 06:40 AM

Hi Chris,

I just wrote him too.

Thanks for the tip.

Simon