Leaky Fluid Head! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 4th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Leaky Fluid Head!

I've got a Matthews M25 tripod, which is an OK piece of kit, but the fluid head leaks! I emailed Matthews about it, and they blew me off by saying the leakage is normal and offered to look at it for a fee of $25.00. Unfortunately it's long out of warranty.

Any way this can be fixed, or should I just resign myself to buying a new tripod? It's kind of annoying to have to worry about all that fluid getting on my hands instead of just being able to use the tripod!
Steve Struthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Leaky Fluid Head!

Hi

Get a new tripod. Oil/fluid on your hands is not a problem. Oil in the camcorder is definately a problem!

Good luck with your selection of a new tripod.

Regards,

/Bo
Bo Sundvall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads