Vision Blue First Look - Delivered Today - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old October 28th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Vision Blue First Look - Delivered Today

James, the spikes are Stainless Steel and should stand up to that good old Florida soil.
Old October 28th, 2011, 02:30 AM   #17
Trustee

I actually like the rubber booties on the VB Poziloc legs. They are great for me on hard surfaces, even tended grass etc. I only take them off if I am on uneven natural surfaces, such as grass, hilltops, mud etc.

We don't go down to the beach too often here, hypothermia isn't fun!
Mike Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #18
Major Player

Mr. Harman...thank you for the input. I love the VB kit, you and the design team have done a wonderful job of answering the 'small form-factor' community with the VisionBlue.

Warmest best regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
..the spikes are Stainless Steel .
Ahah, would I be a Grinch if I asked whether they were 316 or plain vanilla 304?

I suspect the former, as mine haven't joined all the 304 (BBQ's, table top heaters etc) dotted about the place and reduced themselves to small piles of mixed ferric oxide and Chromium - we live no more than 2 km from a 20 km stretch of beach which collects the full force of the Antarctic swell/ prevaling Southerly winds, gives a whole new meaning to the term "old salt"!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #20
Major Player

Chris...what a great place you Kiwi's live in! I would love to come visit, but I'm afraid I'd have to be forced to leave. Heh, heh!

If the ground spikes haven't corroded into nothingness in that environment, then Mr. Harman and his Design Team did a good job specifying proper materials. 'Courses for horses.'

My HRX-NX5 and Atomos Samurai are coming sometime in November, I'm getting a little antsy!

Regards,

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2012, 05:32 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Received my Vision Blue today.

Was going to go with a Miller DS10 - good old Aussie engineering, and a friend had one I thought was awesome. I was convinced to go the Vinten route by posts on here and Chris's review. This feels like a step beyond.

I have limited experience with his DS10 but this feels much more solid, with more adjustment.

Mine has a floor spreader, as I was able to get that model cheap on ebay from a very helpful seller, and I think that'll come in use a lot for the corporate indoor stuff I do. I really like the floor spreader when setting up the tripod at minimum height with the spreader out at full extension. I'm looking forward to using it just that way in my car at some point, shooting with the tailgate open.

Mucked around with it a little, trying to get it setup (and failing, but it's ok - I suspect it'd be easier with a touch more weight). Putting it to work in a 2 day conference next week - looking forward to getting to put it to work properly!

Thanks for the help from everyone on here, it has helped immensely.
Ryan Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads