Sachtler DV10SB & Cartoni T628/2 legs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 16th, 2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Tourist

Sachtler DV10SB & Cartoni T628/2 legs

Does anyone know of any issues putting a Sacthler head on Cartoni legs? I'm about to purchase these separately: Sachtler DV10SB & Cartoni T628/2 legs - both 100mm. Anyone have experience with either? I haven't been able to find much about the DV10 in forums.

Thanks,
E
Edwin Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sachtler DV10SB & Cartoni T628/2 legs

I haven't tried the pair you're asking about, but you should be all good. Most bowls are pretty standard.

Issues that do come up is things like the Sachtler Hot Pod where a Sachtler head will work fine since it has M10 threads, but a Manfrotto that has 3/8" threads won't mount correctly. There is a kit to mount Vinten heads on Sachtler Hot Pods. But I've seen Cartoni heads on a Hot Pod, but I believe Cartoni uses the M10 threads which makes everything place nice.
Old April 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #3
Tourist

Thanks Zach. I've heard of Miller and Vinton incompatibilities, so I'm not 100% sure about other brands. I haven't ever used a DV10 but have other Sachtlers and I know I like there fluid heads. For that matter, I haven't ever used these legs either! I'll put up a mini review if I actually get this kit.
Edwin Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Major Player

What type of incompatibilities?

I'd think anything with a standard bowl would work across brands. I do know smaller pieces are different, so you can't cross match pan arms, quick release plates, etc.
Old April 17th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Tourist

Specifically the tie down. On some heads due to their design, they might a) limit the angle you can adjust in the bowl and b) some obstruct the legs upon closing.
Edwin Perez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads