DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Video: 'A Day with the Vinten Vision Blue' (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/510725-video-day-vinten-vision-blue.html)

Derran Rootring September 15th, 2012 06:56 AM

Video: 'A Day with the Vinten Vision Blue'

Hi, I've been testing the Vision Blue tripod for a couple of days now (what an amazing tripod!) with my NEX-FS100 and made a short video with it.

I also made a review, but since there's a very nice one posted on the site here already, I'll just leave it to posting the video. :)

Mike Beckett September 15th, 2012 10:05 AM

Re: Video: 'A Day with the Vinten Vision Blue'

Excellent. It makes my days with my Vision Blue seem a bit more pedestrian!

James Kuhn September 15th, 2012 11:14 AM

Derran...absolutely marvelous! Thanks for sharing.

J.

Derran Rootring September 15th, 2012 03:54 PM

Thanks Mike and James. Glad to hear you liked the video!

Chris Soucy September 15th, 2012 07:43 PM

A really nice piece of work, Derran, well done.

Hey, post your review, it's always interesting and educational to get another perspective on a system, and you can't have too much information about stuff.

I couldn't make out from your first post whether you'd actually bought the blue or were still in freebie "test" mode?

Regards,

CS

Derran Rootring September 16th, 2012 04:47 AM

Thanks Chris! Really appreciate it.
I really enjoyed your thoroughly written and very helpful Vision Blue review: Review: Vinten Vision Blue at DVInfo.net

My review can be found here: DerranNL: Review and Video: Vinten Vision Blue

I'm still in freebie test mode. :) Peter has been very kind and told me to take my time reviewing the Vision Blue. Since I've finished up the video and review sooner then I expected, I can keep it for another week or so. But as soon as it leaves the premises I'm ordering one!

Chris Soucy September 17th, 2012 11:07 PM

Well, Derran..................

Think I may be heading for redundancy/ retirement here, very well done review, most impressive.

Just need an editor to check for those typo's that always, but always, creep in and you're pretty well set.

Hey, video to boot, even better.

Not quite sure why anyone would collect old tube style video pedestals, but it takes all sorts, whatever rocks your boat.

I really am impressed by the quality of all of it, sterling effort and you do make me quite jealous and proud that there's a new generation coming through to hoist the banner of proper camera support in this age of "do everything but make the coffee" cameras that everyone thinks will shoot HollyWood blockbusters straight out of the box, nothing else required.

Also glad to see Peter at Vinten is giving his usual sterling service to everyone who asks for it.

He's been the major driver of Vintens push into the market the Vb is aimed at, and has been masterfull in adopting a service policy that has taken the same level as that supplied to major corporate buyers to the amateur/ semi pro market previously held by others.

Everyone wins.

Kudos all round.

CS

Derran Rootring September 18th, 2012 07:52 AM

Thank you very much Chris!
Your compliment really means a lot to me. Even though you call my beautiful pedestal (The Vinten Fulmar was a hugely popular studio pedestal featuring a three-stage column. Renowned for its smooth movement and robust design the Fulmar can still be found in studios worldwide despite being discontinued for many years. Source: wikipedia) an old tube style video pedestal. I forgive you. ;)

You're right about finding someone to check for those typo's. I must have left a door open or something, because I can't figure out how else they got in? BTW, I like your comment about "in this age of "do everything but make the coffee" cameras". I think you just came up with a great new camera concept!

And please continue your great work as a reviewer and teach us "youngsters" a lesson or two about proper reviewing. :)