Manfrotto 701, Gitzo 2180 or something else? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old October 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Manfrotto 701, Gitzo 2180 or something else?

I'm creating a lightweight tripod that I can take around with me for a lot of travel. I've settled on the Gitzo GT2531LVL legs and now I'm trying to figure out what tripod head I want on it. I need the head to be super light. I'm considering the Manfrotto 701 HDV and the Gitzo 2180. Thoughts on that choice? Another head recommendation would be welcome too if someone thought another one was better. Again, I'm trying to keep everything as light as possible.
Noam Osband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Manfrotto 701, Gitzo 2180 or something else?

I have the 701 plus a number of other heads ranging up to a Vinten Vision 6. The best, by far, lightweight head I own is a Weifeng 717. £65 new from eBay. Imported from a US seller but of course Chinese origin. Not the "glossiest" finish but nice and smooth for the price and capable of holding my Canon XHG1.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads