O'Connor, Vinten, Sachter for telephoto lenses? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 13th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: O'Connor, Vinten, Sachter for telephoto lenses?

Glad to see you took on board the FiberTec info.

Having been mulling over my last post, I'm even more convinced that they would be the ultimate answer if mated with a Vinten head.

They're way more ergonomic than the PoziLoc's and definitely superior for rigidity, it's just a question of finding a s/h set in good condition.

I suggest you ask Andrew (&/or Peter.Harman@VitecGroup.com - the previous Product Manager, he knows where an awful lot of bodies are buried!) at Vinten if he/ they can scare a set up if all else fails, who knows, they may even give 'em a free refurb (that's the sort of thing Vinten does).

As an aside - what's New Caledonia's status re the EU/ anywhere else and import duties? Probably worth figuring out whether you can get this stuff imported without duties/ taxes if it's sourced in the EU/ anywhere else.

It's funny, I've never thought to advise anyone to buy a set of FiberTecs s/h, as I honestly never though anyone who had a set would ever part with them.

My missus swears I'll end up getting buried with mine, though it would be a shocking waste. Sod the owner, the sticks should live on!

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:34 AM   #17
Inner Circle

<Ronford F4 looks massive!>

It's a 150mm bowl head, I use it with carbon fibre legs for the smaller cameras. For that bowl size it's a small head.
Brian Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #18
New Boot

Hey,

Back from a little shooting session. New Caledonia is not part from EU, despite it is somehow french. We can get as high as 40% tax on some products (tripods for exemple). But we can be tax exempt when we run businesses.
Fibertec looks definitly fantastic. I am going to send an email to Peter Harman to see if he can help find some. As for the head Vinten 8AS is in my list. But I'm still reviewing options, especially on ebay.
Will post my results soon.
Cheers.
Alan Nogues is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads