Published: Chris Soucy's Vinten Vision blue3 review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 30th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Published: Chris Soucy's Vinten Vision blue3 review

Quote:
"The Vision blue3 is the third Camera Support System in the blue series, sitting somewhere between the original Vb, and the Vb5 I reviewed last year. The “blueBridge” Small Camera Adapter (SCA) is Vinten’s take, and an extremely well thought out one, on a Centre of Gravity (COG) lifter, a subject I talked about briefly last year in the Vb5 review. The only thing that has changed between the Vb and the Vb3 is a different spring rate. The sticks, case, spreader and head are in all respects identical down to the last detail, but for that spring change. So, if you want all the details, refer to my original Vb review. For this review of the Vision blue3, I’ll skip the usual format and concentrate on the Vb3’s place in the blue hierarchy, the measurable differences between their individual spring rates and, additionally, the effect of using the blueBridge SCA with them both."
Read the whole thing (with pics, charts, graphs) here -- Review: Vinten Vision blue3 Camera Support System at DV Info Net

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Published: Chris Soucy's Vinten Vision blue3 review

blueBridge Small Camera Adapter Update.

For those of you who didn't rush out and buy** this device subsequent to my review, but have been mulling the purchase of same, a bit of incentive, perhaps.

The brand new, screw park enabled SCA dropped into my letter box Friday last and exceedingly cunning has their implementation been.

The photos pretty much tell the whole story, but just to make it crystal clear, there are 2 X 1/4" X 20 and 2 X 3/8" X 16 parks - the second 1/4" park obscured in one photo beneath the VHS pin slider plate.

What I can't tell you is whether all of the new versions will come "screw equipped" (though I can't see why they wouldn't).

What I can tell you is that the "new" part has exactly the same part no. as the "old" part, so there's no guarantee that if you order one you'll necessarily get the "new" one, so I'd make sure someone has seen the actual part before you plonk down your dollars.

** This could be harder than you'd think. I know that B&H have purchased supplies of this part but they're keeping that fact pretty close to their chest, as their web site "denies all knowledge" of it's existence.

If anyone can find this (V4106 - 1003) there (or anywhere else, for that matter), do let us know.

If you're of a Kiwi persuasion, due to an administrative screw up I happen to have a non park enabled SCA going spare, it's up for auction to the highest bidder, proceeds to the NZ SPCA. I gather the RRP is of the order of US$100.

CS

PS. I'm somewhat puzzled by the "In The Box" parts list for the SCA on the Vinten web site, can anyone shed any light on what, exactly, a "1AR Oring (Q001 - 093)" is when it's at home?
Attached Thumbnails
Published: Chris Soucy's Vinten Vision blue3 review-dsc_4564.jpg   Published: Chris Soucy's Vinten Vision blue3 review-dsc_4566.jpg  

Last edited by Chris Soucy; August 3rd, 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: +
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Published: Chris Soucy's Vinten Vision blue3 review

Chris...Great work!

Thanks!

J.
James Kuhn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads