DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Great customer service from Manfrotto (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/518022-great-customer-service-manfrotto.html)

Victor Nguyen July 29th, 2013 08:03 PM

Great customer service from Manfrotto

I was missing a piece on my new Manfrotto 701 (for my slider) and tried calling and emailing through Manfrotto website. However, they wouldn't pick up my calls and emails were taking too long. So I sent an email over to Wayne Schulman, a manager of Manfrotto.

He didn't give me any replacement parts but gave me a brand new MVH500 head. I couldn't believe he would give me a brand new head until it arrived today :)

Sabyasachi Patra August 2nd, 2013 11:51 PM

Re: Great customer service from Manfrotto

May their tribe grow.

Noa Put August 3rd, 2013 01:23 AM

Talking about coincidence, I just noticed I"m missing a screw as well from my old Manfrotto head, what's Wayne's email address? :)

Steve Porchet October 10th, 2013 04:43 PM

Sure would like to know where you got your "great customer service" from. I sent my 504HDV head into C.R.I.S. in Chandler Arizona and when I contacted them today to ask the status I got the rudest person on the phone. He acted like it was a real problem that I was calling and asking about my head. Then told me it wasn't loaded into the system yet, then after it was it would be 4 days before I would receive notice as to how much it would cost to repair. I don't know about everyone else, but not having my head for at least 3 weeks is not a good thing. At least I can go into the moth balls and get out my 501 head for backup. Manfrotto is what I have been using from the first day of my business, but crappy customer service will make me change really fast, and this situation has me thinking really hard about change. Thanks for listening to my rant, but this really stinks!

John Nantz October 11th, 2013 02:55 AM

Victor - I'm glad to hear it worked out more than fine for you as my experience has been a lot more like Steve's:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Nguyen (Post 1806630)
However, they wouldn't pick up my calls and emails were taking too long.

This is what I've experienced.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Porchet (Post 1816552)
..... when I contacted them today to ask the status I got the rudest person on the phone. He acted like it was a real problem that I was calling and asking about my head. ....!

For the rare probably couple of times that I've got through this has been my experience. I've quickly learned to avoid them.

Unfortunately, New Yorkers have a reputation for being rude (at least outside New York, New Jersey, and Chicago) so that is what one should expect.

A lot of my first gear was Manfrotto but like Steve I'm looking out for alternatives. Rycote and K-Tek, to name two, have been great to deal with.

Tim Lewis October 11th, 2013 03:15 AM

I bought a Manfrotto 077 tripod in 1984. I have since changed the head to a 128RC video head, but I am sticking with it because in nearly 30 years I have yet to need customer service.

I recently decided I needed a more sturdy travel tripod, so I gave my 785B to my brother and picked up a 190 with a 128RC for $95 on eBay. I am very happy with it too.

Have any Australian members got praise or horror stories of Manfrotto customer service?

Victor Nguyen October 11th, 2013 03:27 AM

Huh, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys. To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of Manfrotto products. I been looking at other options too, especially the one from Sachtler.

Mike Beckett October 11th, 2013 05:02 AM

One of the great things about buying from top class companies like Vinten and Sachtler is not just that they make really great pro gear, but they will back it up when things go wrong, and generally all have a great reputation for customer service.

I know Manfrotto gear is OK for the price, but you're getting cheaper gear and a consumer grade of support. Three weeks without a tripod head for a professional is a disaster.