Great customer service from Manfrotto at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old July 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Major Player

Great customer service from Manfrotto

I was missing a piece on my new Manfrotto 701 (for my slider) and tried calling and emailing through Manfrotto website. However, they wouldn't pick up my calls and emails were taking too long. So I sent an email over to Wayne Schulman, a manager of Manfrotto.

He didn't give me any replacement parts but gave me a brand new MVH500 head. I couldn't believe he would give me a brand new head until it arrived today :)
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2013, 11:51 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Great customer service from Manfrotto

May their tribe grow.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Talking about coincidence, I just noticed I"m missing a screw as well from my old Manfrotto head, what's Wayne's email address? :)
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Sure would like to know where you got your "great customer service" from. I sent my 504HDV head into C.R.I.S. in Chandler Arizona and when I contacted them today to ask the status I got the rudest person on the phone. He acted like it was a real problem that I was calling and asking about my head. Then told me it wasn't loaded into the system yet, then after it was it would be 4 days before I would receive notice as to how much it would cost to repair. I don't know about everyone else, but not having my head for at least 3 weeks is not a good thing. At least I can go into the moth balls and get out my 501 head for backup. Manfrotto is what I have been using from the first day of my business, but crappy customer service will make me change really fast, and this situation has me thinking really hard about change. Thanks for listening to my rant, but this really stinks!
Old October 11th, 2013, 02:55 AM   #5
Trustee

Victor - I'm glad to hear it worked out more than fine for you as my experience has been a lot more like Steve's:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Nguyen View Post
However, they wouldn't pick up my calls and emails were taking too long.
This is what I've experienced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Porchet View Post
..... when I contacted them today to ask the status I got the rudest person on the phone. He acted like it was a real problem that I was calling and asking about my head. ....!
For the rare probably couple of times that I've got through this has been my experience. I've quickly learned to avoid them.

Unfortunately, New Yorkers have a reputation for being rude (at least outside New York, New Jersey, and Chicago) so that is what one should expect.

A lot of my first gear was Manfrotto but like Steve I'm looking out for alternatives. Rycote and K-Tek, to name two, have been great to deal with.

Last edited by John Nantz; October 11th, 2013 at 02:57 AM. Reason: added a sentence
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Major Player

I bought a Manfrotto 077 tripod in 1984. I have since changed the head to a 128RC video head, but I am sticking with it because in nearly 30 years I have yet to need customer service.

I recently decided I needed a more sturdy travel tripod, so I gave my 785B to my brother and picked up a 190 with a 128RC for $95 on eBay. I am very happy with it too.

Have any Australian members got praise or horror stories of Manfrotto customer service?
Old October 11th, 2013, 03:27 AM   #7
Major Player

Huh, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you guys. To tell you the truth, I'm not a big fan of Manfrotto products. I been looking at other options too, especially the one from Sachtler.
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #8
Trustee

One of the great things about buying from top class companies like Vinten and Sachtler is not just that they make really great pro gear, but they will back it up when things go wrong, and generally all have a great reputation for customer service.

I know Manfrotto gear is OK for the price, but you're getting cheaper gear and a consumer grade of support. Three weeks without a tripod head for a professional is a disaster.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads