Good Lightweight Tripod System - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 27th, 2018, 11:18 AM   #91
Major Player

Re: Good Lightweight Tripod System

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Barnett View Post
I had a bad ending to 2017 wedding season where both tripods started to go. Leg locks began slipping. The good tripod was about 7 years old, the other was cheaper & prolly 3-4 admittedly I wish that one lasted longer.

Starting over, I picked up 2 new tripods I feel I got good value from:
E-Image EG04AS 2-Stage Aluminum Tripod System with GH04 Dual-Base Fluid Head - A new item altogether, the tripod a step down is well reviewed so I have high hopes for this one. New item, backordered, I'll let you know when I rec'v https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381392-REG/e_image_eg04as_lightweight_tripod_kit_with.html/BI/2855/KBID/3801

Magnus VT 4000 - Seems like a good backup. Reliable, oft reviewed & tried & tested. I did receive it, definitely seems sturdy. The fluid head isn't bad, but probably not what one wants for their main cameras tripod. Again, a solid backup (for my tastes). https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/842086-REG/Magnus_VT_4000_VT_4000_Tripod_System.html/BI/2855/KBID/3801
So I purchased them. They're both great. I had my one tripod sorta begin to fail on me last year, and the other broke so I shot my last wedding or two with a bit of an old Best Buy type tripod as my #2.

The Magnus is durable, well reviewed & seems its been around a while, well reviewed. The E-Image is great! Definitely can be used as a #1 with fluid head. My only gripe is its a little bit big, nothing extraordinary but def larger than my previous. Not heavy though, the aluminum keeps its weight down. Comes with a very nice bag too.

If your in the market I highly recommend, at $250 its a very good price.
David Barnett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads