DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Tripod Sticks & Heads (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/)
-   -   Vinten Vision3 Yellow Spring U005-170 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-sticks-heads/521412-vinten-vision3-yellow-spring-u005-170-a.html)

Mick Jenner February 3rd, 2014 11:02 AM

Vinten Vision3 Yellow Spring U005-170

Attempting to buy the u005-170 yellow spring kit to upgrade my AS3 here in the UK. Although Vinten Germany telll me they have plenty in stock, all Uk supplies have so far said they are unable to get one as they are no longer shown as a stock item. Does anybody here in the UK have one of these springs or spring kits kicking around that they no longer require?

Chris Soucy February 3rd, 2014 01:43 PM

Re: Vinten Vision3 Yellow Spring U005-170

Hi, Mick...........

Fire a mail to Andrew.Butler@VitecGroup.com - he's the Product Manager for Vinten world wide, though based in the UK.

If he doesn't know where it's to be had, no one will.

This subject has come up before BTW, might want to have a bit of a stroll back through the Forum to see how that went.

CS

Mick Jenner February 4th, 2014 03:49 AM

Hi Chris,

thanks for the reply. Its as a result of yours and others input on this forum that I purchased the the AS3 with a view to upgrading the the spring. I will send Andrew a quick email

Many thanks

Chris Soucy February 5th, 2014 12:00 AM

Mick,

Quote:

I purchased the the AS3 with a view to upgrading the spring.

I take it then you haven't been able to use the 3AS (I assume) as intended to date, is that correct?

Like to give us all your impressions so far and any possible feedback?

There's precious few of them out there, and they're damn good heads, heck, I have one parked on my desk as I type.

Surprised Vinten haven't rolled them out as a more expensive version of the Vb's, but, hey, I don't make Vinten policy.

Good luck with the spring change if it happens.

Keep us posted.

CS

Mick Jenner February 5th, 2014 04:21 AM

Hi Chris,

Purchased the VS3 approx 8 months ago and use it with and EX3 mainly with a 80-400mm nikon lens attached. This combo is right on the maximum payload limit, but never the less does the job perfectly. Its the counterbalance thats important to me as I film wildlife at long distance requiring the camera to remain pointing on the subject without any creep. Also, being now of a certain age weight is also a major consideration as I sometimes have to trek long distances.My purpose for upgrading the spring is to give me a wider counterbalance range should I need to use heavier lenses. I sent Andrew an email, but at present he is on paternity leave. It was however picked up by another person and to cut a long story short Vinten have supplied a kit direct to me to.Should be with me by the weekend from Germany. Now to rehearse the spring change procedure! Hope Andrew is correct, as the kit he recommends is the strongest spring in the range and therefore hopefully not too powerful for my purposes. If it what is used in the VS5 it should be spot on for my needs.

Mick

Chris Soucy February 19th, 2014 11:45 PM

Any update?

CS