Recommendations for a fluid head for shooting sports with Canon XA-20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 26th, 2015, 07:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Recommendations for a fluid head for shooting sports with Canon XA-20

I typically shoot fast moving sports futball, basketball, hockey, … And I use a very lightweight Canon XA-20 it is hard to find fluid heads that work well with lightweight cameras. Any suggestions?

Also the fluid head needs to be adaptable for a flat base. Many times I am shooting from bleachers or press boxes and having a tripod that has a center column vs one that has a bowl is a necessity for my use.
Greenlee Brittenum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2015, 08:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Recommendations for a fluid head for shooting sports with Canon XA-20

I have a Manfrotto kit that is great for small cameras, however it is at home so I don't have the part numbers handy for legs and head at the moment. But these replaced a 20-year-old Bogen/Manfrotto using the updated/modern part numbers last year.

The head used to be called "Micro Fluid", now it is something else, but will try to get those numbers later for you to check out

Jeff Pulera
Digital Vision
Jeff Pulera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Recommendations for a fluid head for shooting sports with Canon XA-20

I have used the Manfrotto micro head, it works pretty good and is very light. But I was looking for something with a few more adjustments.
Greenlee Brittenum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads