manfrotto 560b-1 levr lock loose at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old April 9th, 2015, 05:40 AM   #1
Trustee

manfrotto 560b-1 levr lock loose

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to tighten one of the sleeve lever locks on the leg as one is slipping when working with the camera and lens on. Hunted for days and no one seems to know, on the tripods you have a little tool that fits on the screw but on the mono pod there does not seem to be anything? help, cheers
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 02:59 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: manfrotto 560b-1 levr lock loose

Hi Steve................

AFAIK all Manfrotto monopod lever locks have the same mechanism (some tripods also) requiring the very plastic tool you have mentioned - my 479 - 4B came so equipped.

Assuming your 560B holds true to form (I can't find a piccie with a decent enough close up to confirm) the tensioning nut on each lever lock will be locked to prevent rotation with a plastic, tabbed cover that is retained using lugs that engage the threads of the bolt.

To tighten the lock you have to CAREFULLY lever this plastic cap off the bolt/ nut thus allowing the hex driver on the tool to engage the nut, first ensuring the lock if fully OFF. The nut can only be adjusted in 60 degree stages otherwise the plastic tab on the anti rotation nut cover will not engage the (single) indent on the lock arm, so ensure you observe the orientation of the nut when you remove the cover.

One 60 degree turn should be more than sufficient. Replace the anti rotation cover ensuring the tab locates correctly in the indent on the lock arm.

If this bears no resemblance to the locks on your 560, post the clearest close up piccie of said lock that you can, it can't be rocket science to tighten something as simple as a lever lock.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 08:22 PM   #3
Trustee

Hi Steve, could an L-shaped 8mm socket wrench be the solution to your woes?

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-s...allen-key.html

Available cheap on eBay.

I've got a bunch of them, and usually carry one around in my pocket when I'm shooting for the express purpose of stopping the monopod joints from slipping.
Adrian Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 02:19 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Soucy View Post
Hi Steve................

AFAIK all Manfrotto monopod lever locks have the same mechanism (some tripods also) requiring the very plastic tool you have mentioned - my 479 - 4B came so equipped.

Assuming your 560B holds true to form (I can't find a piccie with a decent enough close up to confirm) the tensioning nut on each lever lock will be locked to prevent rotation with a plastic, tabbed cover that is retained using lugs that engage the threads of the bolt.

To tighten the lock you have to CAREFULLY lever this plastic cap off the bolt/ nut thus allowing the hex driver on the tool to engage the nut, first ensuring the lock if fully OFF. The nut can only be adjusted in 60 degree stages otherwise the plastic tab on the anti rotation nut cover will not engage the (single) indent on the lock arm, so ensure you observe the orientation of the nut when you remove the cover.

One 60 degree turn should be more than sufficient. Replace the anti rotation cover ensuring the tab locates correctly in the indent on the lock arm.

If this bears no resemblance to the locks on your 560, post the clearest close up piccie of said lock that you can, it can't be rocket science to tighten something as simple as a lever lock.

Regards,

CS
thanks Chris but it is not like a tripod there is only the lever lock with a pin through the lever.
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2015, 03:09 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Aha, well, that ain't anything like mine.

I tried a bit of lateral thinking to see if I could find any clues as to how, exactly, to solve your problem, which unfortunately was an epic failure BUT did turn up a magic resource of info for pretty well all things Manfrotto and some other makes.

Start here: www.manfrottospares.com , enter the product code for your item (560B) and you get here: https://www.manfrottospares.com/560b-parts.html

Scroll your cursor over the diagram and find the affected part no., enter it into the box on the right and hey presto - availability and price (UK pounds).

Still can't figure out how to tighten those leg locks though.

BTW, anyone attempting to tighten a 479 type lock as per my first post may find the plastic cap on the nut disintegrates during removal (they ain't very robust). Don't despair, you can buy an entire new lock set for 6.99 (UK Pounds) including new plastic cap: Part No: R055.109

https://www.manfrottospares.com/imag...09-640x480.jpg

Neat, huh?

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2015, 02:58 AM   #6
Trustee

thanks for trying Chris, i bought a new mono pod of amazon its super and half the price of the 560 so i will use that one and the 560 for spares on the other 560 i have. weird why manfrotto don't do the lever locks seperately and no way to tighten them?
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads