Manfrotto 509 Head purchased. Need Legs! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Manfrotto 509 Head purchased. Need Legs!

I got a good deal in a Manfrotto 509 head. However, I have no legs compatible with it. It is an industry standard half bowl 75mm head. Any good suggestions? I need something flexible and versatile, which could give me good low angle shots and and high angle ones. Lightweight would be a plus (Guerrila type shooting).

I've been looking at Miller's legs, are they any good (Not the Basketballer, the tripods!)
Old February 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #2
Trustee

If you want low-angle shots, perhaps you could get a hi-hat?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Oh, and if nobody mentions this, you should also be able to look at 100mm bowl tripods and use a 75mm to 100mm adapter. This might give you more options.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Marchesseault
If you want low-angle shots, perhaps you could get a hi-hat?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Oh, and if nobody mentions this, you should also be able to look at 100mm bowl tripods and use a 75mm to 100mm adapter. This might give you more options.
Thanks a lot, Marcus. Probably will do this when I intend an upgrade. I believe 100mm compatible legs are still a bit too expensive for me at this time, and probably overkill for HVX and DVX production.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads