PT-20 Motorized Pan/Tilt Head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 17th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #1
Major Player

PT-20 Motorized Pan/Tilt Head

Does anyone have any experience with the PT-20 pan/tilt head available from Kessler Crane? (http://www.kesslercrane.com/accessories.html bottom of the accessories page)

I've been looking at remote heads from Varizoom and Glidecam, but this seems to do the same job at much less cost. Any thoughts?
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Pt-20

PT 20 is manufactured by The Camera Turret Company..somewhere in Mass.
The owner-Lou- will be at NAB this week if you're going. I've been corresponding with him for over 2 months on the manufacturing process, motors, controls that he uses for his system and he's been more than helpful, upfront and honest. I haven't used one but do wish I could trial one out before making a purchase but we all know how that goes. Also ABC-products has begun mfg.'ing a small remote head also which seems to be worth checking out. They'll be at NAB also this year.
Pat Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:39 PM   #3
New Boot

I have had one for about 6 months now. It works very well. I did have to adjust/tighten the bearings one time, but it just does the job. The variable speed control is great. We can set the speed of the head to match the talents movement. I use it on an EZ-FX jib. I have not used the more expensive ones, like the varizoom so I can't compare. Since it is half the price of the others I am quite happy.
Barbara
Barbara Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:28 AM   #4
New Boot

hi barbara

just wanted to know what cameras do you use on th pt head, and also do they ahve a 3axis head.
Ameet Nichani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #5
New Boot

Hi pat

could please tell me how much would the smallest head cost form abc germany, i am looking for heads for DV cameras. and can you sugesst soem models also
Ameet Nichani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads