Tripod help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:16 AM   #1
New Boot

Tripod help

I am new to video but not photography. I have some heavy duty Gitzo tripods but I don't have a fluid head or bowl set up. Should I modify my gitzo and buy a head or a complete outfit? I also need to have a tripod that when folded with the head is no more than 32 inches. I have an XL2.

I have been looking out the bogen 525MVB or 515MVB with a 516 head. But any comments would greatly be appreciated.

Richard
Richard Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Gitzo Heads

Hi Richard,

The XL2 is about 7-8 pounds, right? The Gitzo G2380 fluid head works very well with a Z1, should be good with the Canon. Mine is attached to a Manfrotto 438 bowl. Been using this combo for two years. Both the head and the bowl have bubbles. Bubbles work OK, but I still use the horizon a lot to level up. All this sits on a set of Gitzo Carbon legs. Total weight is about 8 pounds and should handle up to about 13 pounds of camera and accessories.

Jack Hubbard
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 01:52 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Jack I'll check into it. I assume the Bogen bowl fitted with the Gitzo tripod ok. I have the Gitzo 320 and 420 tripods.

Richard
Richard Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:52 PM   #4
Major Player

Fit

Hi Richard,

Should fit just fine.

Jack
Jack D. Hubbard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads