need a light tripod/head setup. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 9th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

need a light tripod/head setup.

hey,

i need the lightest tripod and head i can find. the head has to be good quality and as small as poossible.

this is because lugging a camera, tripod and head and other stuff hurts my back when i'm in the mountains for weeks on end filming everyday.

i know its going to be expensive, so i'd like to keep the price down if possible but when i say down, i mean under say 2000 $.

thanks.
Charles Perkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

A few more details may help people suggest something that will fit your needs better, rather than only focusing on weight. What are you using right now? How much does it weigh? What is your weight goal for your new system?

Nick
Nick Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I also meant to ask in my previous post...

Which camera are you putting on this pod? Do you require smooth tilts & pans or do you lock it down? Are spike feet a necessity (I would think so but your opinion is the one that matters)?

Nick
Nick Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 04:02 PM   #4
Major Player

I am also looking for a high quality light-weight tripod. Basically, this is the idea. I have a HDR-HC1 with a wide-angle lens, shotgun microphone etcetera but am planning to upgrade to a HVX-200 or something in that range within 1 - 2 years. As I usually buy my equipment and gear with a growth perspective, I want to have a tripod and head compatible with those cameras. For price, I am looking at < $500. I just want to have a tripod with head that enable me to get good wildlife footage so smooth panning is desired. But as I am dragging it around all day, it must be as light and compact as possible.

I hope someone can recommend a good tripod to me.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads