Head separation at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old September 3rd, 2006, 12:52 PM   #1
Trustee

Head separation

I am willing to separate the Bogen 701RC2 from the tripod legs and I don't remember how it's done.

I know they are separate, because I recall screwing them together when I bought them in March 2005. But that's all.

Any guidelines?

I am willing to separate the legs, which are lighter but larger, so I can put them on my shipped bag, and I take the head with me on the plane.

Thanks!
Carlos E. Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

There are three set screws on the bottom of the head, where it attaches to the tripod. Loosen them completely, and kind of tap or bump the head firmly in the counterclockwise direction. It should screw off then, or should I say unscrew!

Mike
Old September 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
There are three set screws on the bottom of the head, where it attaches to the tripod. Loosen them completely, and kind of tap or bump the head firmly in the counterclockwise direction. It should screw off then, or should I say unscrew!

OK, screws are off.

But what part will unscrew: the one where the spirit level is or tht remains on the tripod?
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez
OK, screws are off.

But what part will unscrew: the one where the spirit level is or tht remains on the tripod?
The plate where the little set screws were will stay, and everything else above that will come off.

Mike
Old September 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #5
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch
The plate where the little set screws were will stay, and everything else above that will come off.
First of all: thanks Mike.

Things look quite difficult, because there's nothing to hold any tool to that part.

Tightening the horizontal screw will ruin it, so I don't see how to tap or bump the head so it will unscrew.

Am I missing something?
Old September 3rd, 2006, 06:56 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos E. Martinez
First of all: thanks Mike.

Things look quite difficult, because there's nothing to hold any tool to that part.

Tightening the horizontal screw will ruin it, so I don't see how to tap or bump the head so it will unscrew.

Am I missing something?
Sounds like you are. Maybe tomorrow I can post some pictures.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads