Vinten Vision 3 + Miller Solo CF Tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 11th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Vinten Vision 3 + Miller Solo CF Tripod

Hi,

After doing a lot of post reading here and on dvxuser.com. I think I will get this tripod + head combination. Can anyone tell me whether the two fit each other perfectly without modification and such.

I read many posts saying Cartoni Focus does not fit Manfrotto tripod without modification. I just want to confirm that this is not the case for Vinten + Miller. I am hoping B&H will have the Miller tripod in stock soon....

BTW, I used to get reply from Evsonline to my emails within 24 hours. That's was before Rush left. Last week I sent them two emails and there is still no reply. Tried their toll free phone and it was always busy. One guy left and many things changed!
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Paul,

I have the Vinten Vision 3 that I use with the Miller Solo DS10 and they work great together. I hope that helps you out.

By the way, the Miller Solo DS10 is very light weight and works great. I also changed one of the tripod handles (I ordered a second handle to give me more control) with the Manfrotto LANC controller. Everything works great together.

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Giglio
Hi Paul,

I have the Vinten Vision 3 that I use with the Miller Solo DS10 and they work great together. I hope that helps you out.
This is exactly what I want to hear! Thanks!! Do you have a case for your tripod? I am thinking to get the Miller Solo soft case. I hope that it will fit.
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #4
Major Player

I actually used the case that came with a cheap tripod I won on ebay (from amvona.com). The soft case is durable, and has pockets that holds my additional spring for the vinten.

I may actually buy a hard shell case someday, but the soft case works well.

Enjoy.

Todd
Todd Giglio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads