Need a tripod case for travel - no golf cases please at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old September 29th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #1
New Boot

Need a tripod case for travel - no golf cases please

Hi,
I need to get a sturdy case for my bogen/manfrotto tripod system. I've read some of the other posts about golf cases, which is a great idea if you want to fill the case with other equipment, but I just want the smallest, thinnest, sturdiest case to do the job. The case would need to be at least 45" long. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Also...do airlines charge extra for tripod cases?

Thanks...
Erin Hillert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #2
Major Player

Try Porta Brace, Kata, or Petrol for soft cases. Hardcases: Fiberbuilt, Nalpak, SKB.
Old October 1st, 2006, 10:38 AM   #3
Trustee

Just so you don't forget this as it is my travel strategy, the head comes off. I have taken my BM 501 and 3033(?) legs with me to Maui and elsewhere. And I use my clothes to help protect it and an extra layer of bubble wrap around the head. BUT - airlines only accept bags under 50 lbs domestically in the US and that is over 10 right there.

And yes, airlines will charge you for extra baggage if you exceed weight, size, or count restrictions. Those are controlled by each airline (unless there is an agreement - IATA specifies 75# limit on International along with responsibilities for lost and damaged renumeration.)
George Ellis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads