Is the Miller/Sachtler free of stiction? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old November 27th, 2006, 08:05 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsolt Gordos

So I go for the Gitzo.
Good for you, you will like them, they look to be just as good as the Miller. I just went for the Miller because the dealer had them in stock and I could try and buy them. If Abel would have had the Gitzo and not the Miller, I probably would have bought them instead.

I did get a crack at the Gitzo head, it's nice but still not as good as the Sachtler IMHO. Same with the Vinten, nice but I like the more precise feeling German engineering (assembled in Costa Rica though) on the DV-6SB.

Good luck!

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 08:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Shout out to Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Brockett
Good for you, you will like them, they look to be just as good as the Miller. I just went for the Miller because the dealer had them in stock and I could try and buy them. If Abel would have had the Gitzo and not the Miller, I probably would have bought them instead.

I did get a crack at the Gitzo head, it's nice but still not as good as the Sachtler IMHO. Same with the Vinten, nice but I like the more precise feeling German engineering (assembled in Costa Rica though) on the DV-6SB.

Good luck!

Dan
Hey Dan, I have been a fan since I first met you on 2pop. I can't express my appreciation for your input on the internet. I have learned much from your guidance and I just wanted to say thanks. SO THANKS! You are very generous in posting your experiences from the big LA. I would advise any folks wondering what to do when purchasing gear to google your name consider your adivise a rare gift. Best to you.

Jerry
Jerry Mohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:24 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Hi Jerry:

Thank you for your very kind words. I just look at it as I am a loudmouth who likes to spout my opinions on-line, but it's nice to see that some readers like what I say! ;-)

Take care,

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #19
Major Player

Sachtler DV 6 SB + Gitzo CF legs

Finally I have received the head and the legs, too. It took some time as they came from different sources.
It seems in Europe you can only get kits - mostly if you order online.

I attach a couple of photos but I have no idea how to.

This combo is fantastic!
Zsolt Gordos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 11:07 AM   #20
Major Player

Zsolt, which European stores did you find? I am also having trouble finding BH Photo Video etc. equilivants in Europe.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2007, 03:43 AM   #21
Major Player

Good to hear from everyone. I am also considering Sachtler but vs. Vinten. The Vinten legs are much better... haven't found a single negative comment about them. Only a few people are positive about the Sachtler 75mm legs. I am also looking at the Gizo/Miller stick but somehow they feel more like photography sticks compared to 1-stage/2-stage video tripods.
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads