Anybody have experience with this tripod on ebay? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Closed Thread

Old December 5th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anybody have experience with this tripod on ebay?

My 501 fell today and cracked in half. I wasn't crazy about the 501 to begin with and I keep seeing this tripod come up in ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

I'm trying to figure out if this is any better than the 501 or not. I've seen that people on these boards have had good experience witht this seller as far as lightstands go but I haven't seen any postings about his tripods. Does anyone here have exerience with these tripods?
Thanks!
Old December 6th, 2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Wrangler

It's really hard to know anything about it when it doesn't have a brand name! That's crazy...and I realize that's the point of your post, to ask.

The sticks look solid enough for the money, but the thing about heads is that you never know if they're worth the money unless you've had your own hands on them.
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I know what you mean, and although I'd like to know about it's overall quality, I'm more concerned about the quality of the head. I made do with the 501 for a good few years, but wasn't crazy about the "fluidity" of the head. I'm not going to risk 350 dollars without at least a few user experiences to base it on.
Thanks!
Old December 6th, 2006, 02:02 AM   #4
Trustee

definately dont blow more money on it. For the money the Cartoni Focus is the only trpod that doesnt cost thousands that is really good.
Old December 6th, 2006, 07:02 AM   #5
Wrangler

Wecome to DVinfo Philip. Here at DVinfo we confine our "where to buy" discussions to our sponsors, since they make this site possible. Aside from that, I wouldn't spend that sort of money on some unknown eBay brand. Since you're in Lakewood, why not make the short trip to B&H Photo in New York City? They have a large number of tripods on display that you can play with, and if you've never been there then it's an experience you won't forget.

Aside from that, you know you will be buying from a reputable company with terrific customer support and competitive prices. You can find our full sponsor list here: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads