Best tripod for XL2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best tripod for XL2?

What would be the best kind of tripod for somewhat windy areas? (5-10 MPH) without the camera budging? Also what would be the best for graduation?
Scott Welch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #2
Major Player

If it's going to be windy, the best advice I can give is to use sandbags with ANY tripod you choose. You're going to get vibrations from time to time, but if you want to make sure it doesn't completely fall over (you should be close to the camera anyway), a couple sandbags on the legs do the trick. If you have a spreader, put them on the spreader. If not, put them on the legs at the base.

Jonathan
Jonathan Kirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #3
Major Player

I have been using the Manfrotto 525MVB sticks with the 503 head since the beginning. I don't know how it would hold up in very high winds, but it should be fine in the 5-10 MPH specified. It's an excellent rig.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...gs_Black_.html
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Hi Scott,

I recently bought the 351mvb2k/503 Manfrotto combo and it works perfect with the XL2. I actually talked to a rep at Bogen and this is the setup that they suggested for me, and now I know why. It comes with the feet, and a bag and if you are by any chance a teacher or a student then bogen has a fairly appealing discount program.
Ryan Mueller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads