Good 'short' tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old June 6th, 2007, 07:33 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Good 'short' tripod

I'm considering getting another tripod for my dolly because my current one doesn't allow me to go as low as I'd like to for some shots. Anyone know of a decent tripod that can get pretty low, the lower the better.

I've seen some 'baby' tripods that are almost table top small but the ones I've found are over $1k which is a bit rich for my blood. I have a #3063 Head on a tripdod now that goes down to about 35".

My camera is a xh-a1 (I use a redrock M2 sometimes)
Cory Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:28 AM   #2
Wrangler

i'm not sure how this will handle the added weight of the redrock micro, but it will handle your A1, lightly loaded, just fine....it's the most for the least.

http://www.kirkphoto.com/MightyLowBoy.html

also, you realize that many cheaper tripod sticks (like the bogen 3001s--the lowboy is just a modded set of these...) allow you to release the legs and splay them wide for macro work. that's another good, cheap stable platform and can likely handle the added weight.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads