Thoughts on the Bogen/Manfrotto 516 fluid head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old July 6th, 2007, 07:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Thoughts on the Bogen/Manfrotto 516 fluid head

Looking to pick up a good fluid head to be used with My XL2. I am considering this head with some future selection of a tripod as well.

Any thoughts on this head and recommendations on a nice sturdy tripod that will make a good match for the head mentioned.

I want to stay within $1000.00 - $1200.00 for the combo.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Martin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Smith View Post
Looking to pick up a good fluid head to be used with My XL2. I am considering this head with some future selection of a tripod as well.

Any thoughts on this head and recommendations on a nice sturdy tripod that will make a good match for the head mentioned.

I want to stay within $1000.00 - $1200.00 for the combo.

Thanks for any suggestions.
516 is a great head. i use it with a 3058 brogen tripod i think also with my xl2 and pd170. paid under 250 for a used unit from b&h tripod and head
ken
Kenneth Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads