New Sailing TV show...case inquiry at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old November 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New Sailing TV show...case inquiry

My buddy and I are in the process of attaining a 70 foot yacht for a reality/discovery/educational tv show that takes place over a few months, sailing from port to port (ex: chile, easter islands, new zealand). I am looking for a camera soft case that is completely water PROOF, instead of something that is dive proof, I can get a case that has all the external controls and weights about 50 lbs but that would be too heavy for shooting around the boat. We are goign to get a couple dive cases as well but need something to keep the saltwater off of the cameras as long as possible.

Any Ideas?

www.ketchmydrift.com
Derek Nickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Derek google the EWA housing. It is a bag and comes as a sealed bag or a cover with glass in front so you can takes the splashes. I have used one for years in very rough weather with great luck. The opening on the bottom lets you keep your hands on the camera and controls while staying dry. But if you are on the leeward rail and taking water up to the chin then I would go with a proper housing.

The other issue you might have is stability with the famed shot. I use two kenyon KS-8 gyros. There are too many videos of sailing where the camera is zoomed and it is unstable. Be professional and keep the frame rock solid and use a gyro with custom style stablizer you will be much happier when editing.

Have fun.
Old November 29th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Cronin View Post
Derek google the EWA ........... when editing.

Have fun.
Thanks a lot Paul. Those gyros look to be a good investment while underway.
Derek Nickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Derek,

Kenyon makes a first class product. They do take alot of battery power so if you purchase make sure you get the 12V adapter so you can hook into the ships power. That will let you roam with out a 6lb batter on your hip.

Look foward to seeing your show.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land