Marine Mammals of Southeast Alaska at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old December 9th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #1
New Boot

Marine Mammals of Southeast Alaska

Hello, My husband , Kal and I have been enjoying the videos on this post and have also learned so much from them. This summer we traveled to Prince of Wales Island and the nearby Maurelle Wildeness Islands in Souteast Alaska.
An abundance of marine mammals and large variety of fish inhabit these waters.
Most of our filming was done from our small aluminum boat, so some of the shot are " shakey " . Our canon XL2 was used for the majority of the filming and we also used Canon Gl1 at times.
We invite you along for our summer day of boating and hope you will enjoy the trip.
Any input will be appreciated, as we are amateurs we have much to learn. My husband is the videographer and I do the stills.
Our video may be viewed at YouTube under the title "Marine Mammals of Southeast Alaska. We were unable to upload to this site. Thanks, Mary
Mary Luoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 06:13 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Nice film. I like it! Those whales are huge!

Might be a good idea to provide a link in the future, so people don't have to search for your films.
So I hope you don't mind I include the link for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru3jGNLEXLw
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Major Player

Good stuff! It looks like nature's playground. Down here in Florida we have to really, REALLY search for natural beauty even half that spectacular. :) Overdevelopment sucks....

Also, I really liked the truly random shot of the dog. I bet he was going insane on the boat the whole time. :)

My only complaint was youtube compression... bleh, I know how that goes though. Youtube is quick, easy & free. :) Also, there was some audio sync issues I think with the splashes with some of the flippers, but that also might have been a compression or transmission issue.

Hope to see more of your stuff in the future!

Carl
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Mary, Karl,

What nice video footage!!

Definitely get a stabilizing program to smooth out your footage!!! shooting off the should out of the boat is tuff to be sure!!

In one sceene you actually catch a bit of the boat on the left side of your footage, a vertical post or such. I would edit that out!.

you might look into Stage Six for showing your video. here you can post without resolution reduction like you get at U Tube.

I just recently got hooked up to it and it took a little fiddling about but is worth it!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land