National Park filming legislation - Page 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old November 9th, 2011, 06:50 PM   #151
Obstreperous Rex

Re: National Park filming legislation

I am very sorry folks, but as a rule DV Info Net does not point to third-party petition sites.

The reasons are complex, but in a nutshell it's a matter of precedent -- if I allow one, I really have to allow all, and in the past I have seen some pretty nutty and poorly written "petitions" revolving mostly around unrealistic expectations from camcorder manufacturers.

Clearly this is a different type of issue altogether, and having been to a NANPA national meeting before, I fully support the effort. I am more than willing to expose an online petition to our membership, but the condition for undertaking it is that we need to keep eyeballs on the site. In other words, I'm happy to make DV Info Net a driving force for this matter, provided that the petition is hosted right here -- and not on a third-party "petition" site.

I am not in the business of driving traffic to other sites -- quite the opposite, in fact. We need to bring people in, and we can set it up in such a way that DVi membership is not required. If that's acceptable to you guys, then we can proceed with this (in a new thread, obviously). Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #152
Regular Crew

Chris,
Thanks for the response. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated. We'd obviously love it if DVInfo could host a petition here instead. What do we need to do?
Old November 9th, 2011, 09:28 PM   #153
Obstreperous Rex

It looks like we'll be able to manage an online petition using the Articles side of the site, not the forum. The benefit is that no forum registration process is required. I'll put it in work, and will contact Alex when we're ready to put in the text of the petition.

As always, I have lots of irons in the fire currently, so please keep on me via email. I'll try to have it ready by Monday morning, if that's not too far away for you.

Old November 9th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #154
Regular Crew

Monday would be fantastic. Thanks so much for your support, Chris!
Old November 16th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #155
Regular Crew

In case anyone is wondering, I'm still waiting to hear from Chris. I'm sure he's plenty busy at the moment, so I'm going to wait a little longer before sending another email. Thanks again for your support!
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #156
Trustee

Alex, any update on this?
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2011, 02:41 PM   #157
Regular Crew

Sorry for the delay folks, I have had an update from Chris. He told me he's been out of town but is installing the software and will update me on it very soon. Thanks for your patience! Lets keep this with DVINfo in every way we can.
Old December 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM   #158
Trustee

Any update on this?
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2011, 09:02 AM   #159
Obstreperous Rex

The petition feature is in place on the articles side of the site. I just have to finalize the verbiage and test it to make sure the email confirmation process is working. Should have it ready later today. Will post the link here.

Old December 6th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #160
Regular Crew

Chris, just to be sure, are you waiting on me for verbage, or do you have what you need from me end? Thanks!
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #161
Regular Crew

Haven't heard from Chris in a while. I imagine he's busy gearing up for the PMA/CES show. In the meantime, I thought I'd make sure that I'm not dropping the ball here, so I figured I'd post a little bump to indicate my readiness to help in any way I can. Thanks Chris, et al.
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #162
Trustee

Or just keep promotion the petition that is already online.
People were off work for the holidays surfing the net so I think a critical time has passed already for reaching a lot of people quickly.
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #163
Trustee

It's a new year. I'm going back to pushing the existing petition or this is never going to happen.
Old February 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #164
Regular Crew

Agreed, Kevin. I've been trying to push it again via Twitter, Facebook, etc. Unfortunately, we can't push it here since it links to an outside site. I don't know what happened to the petition on DVInfo. Haven't heard back from Chris in a while now. I imagine he just got busy. It happens. Thanks for your support!
Old February 9th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #165
Trustee

Kevin, is it the same one I already signed? How discussing it in other forums such Away from home and UWOL challenge. I am sure there are lots of others out there that would be interested in signing it. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land