Capercailzie Mating Game - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old May 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM   #16
Major Player

Now that is fantastic. Superb plumage detail in every frame. It really does make a huge difference to the credibility of the show.

Now I'm going to be nagging you about the specifications of your website that allow you to show footage of that image quality! What are the secret formulae of your website, Per Johan?
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:13 AM   #17
Major Player

I liked the quality of this video and could see that you put much effort into approaching them without causing alarm. If you allow your videos on Vimeo to be downloaded, other registered members can view the full quality of your source upload, in the format you used. None of the heavy Vimeo compression is applied when you download them, using the button at the lower-right corner. If you do a right-click on the button, and then click on Save Target As, you can designate a folder on your computer and save the download for repeated viewings.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #18
Major Player

Per Johan,
You are absolutely a genius. I'm drooling all over my keyboard.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:00 AM   #19
Major Player

The more I see this film the more I, as a grandfather, appreciate the majesty and seduction of mating. This beauty is conveyed here by the producer as well as by the birds. Elsewhere on DVInfo, anthropomorphism, is the word to describe what we do when we use words about human behaviour to describe animal behaviour; for a good example (but bad image quality through car window) see "Partridge is not amused" (which is a misquote from Queen Vic.) http://birdcinema.com/view_video.php...18e86dac21d360

I wonder what the word is to describe how some human behaviour could be improved, even civilised, by studying some animal behaviour?

I'm not suggesting that this is an original question; I am stating that Per Johan's videographic and production skills have combined to raise this question in my mind. This adds to my enjoyment of the film. The comments made by Annie, Helen, Ruth and Mat also help me to appreciate the selection of shots used by Per Johan. I'm learning; yippee!
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land