Evening Beavers----HD Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old October 17th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #1
Major Player

Evening Beavers----HD Video

I got lucky and was able to closely approach a pair of beavers just before and after sundown. I used a Sony HC9 on my shoulder-mount, with a Sony DH1758 telextender. I was pleased at how my camera did in the dim light and with shooting through the surface glare for the underwater shots. They were in a spring-fed pond at Delta Ponds Preserve in Eugene and the water was clear enough to see them when they were diving for food. It's currently the first video on my Vimeo album and anyone is welcome to view any of the others. Maximize the page that loads from the link below.

If you have a free subscription to Vimeo, you can download the original upload file, for better picture quality and smoother motion, at 1080p. The logo to view it in the 720p size, is in the lower-right corner of the small screen window. If you click the scaling logo in the upper-right corner, it will enlarge to fullscreen. With a new Plus subscription to Vimeo, they are now converting the HD videos with a double-pass process, which seems to improve the playback, although the motion is still a bit jerky.

Steve McDonald's videos on Vimeo
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land