DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Swallows slow motion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/311774-swallows-slow-motion.html)

Gilles Debord August 23rd, 2009 05:03 AM

Swallows slow motion

Hi

Here is a link to swallows slow motion at nest, my first clip at 300 fps. Vultures are coming soon.

Swallows at nest slow motion on Vimeo

Best regards

Gilles

Steve Phillipps August 23rd, 2009 09:48 AM

House martins I'd call them. Interesting shots. How are you getting your 300fps?
Steve

Ofer Levy August 23rd, 2009 12:11 PM

Very nice indeed! I second Steve's question.

Gilles Debord August 24th, 2009 02:45 AM

Hi

I used a Casio EX- F1, that's why pictures are just correct.

Gilles Debord August 26th, 2009 06:58 AM

Added Vulturs slow motion

Hi

Vulturs gryphus slow motion add.

Vautours, Vulturs, Gyps fulvus. on Vimeo

Best regards

Gilles

Annie Haycock August 28th, 2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilles Debord (Post 1262546)
Hi

I used a Casio EX- F1, that's why pictures are just correct.

When I saw this camera reviewed, I thought the slo-mo was too good to be true, but now I've seen your footage of house martins, I'm putting the camera on my wish-list. What is the actual resolution at 300fps?

Excellent stuff, keep up the good work.

Chris Swanberg August 28th, 2009 01:25 PM

Annie - I found the following numbers:

300FPS at 512X384 pixels, 600FPS at 432X192 pixels, and 1200 FPS at 336X96 pixels.

Gilles Debord August 28th, 2009 02:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi

Sorry for the delay, 300 fps = 512x384.

I have mounted the clip on Imovie HD Mac (coming with Ilife 05) and then compressed with QT in SD 4/3 without any enhancing or optimizing software.

I have used the EX-F1 before reading the user guide, but now i discovered an upgrade software the (V.2).

I have looked for an another HS/HD video cam, an AOS S-PRI Color 1280x1024 pixels 1000 fps full def, C or F mount with 1 Gbyte circular memory, the price its a little bit different around 11000 €

With it you can drive the camera with a PC (an EeePC for me, who is a little bit slow but normal it is under the Casio specs) in attached file the PDF software manual and the PDF data sheet sorry but in French.

Regards

Gilles

Annie Haycock August 31st, 2009 08:25 AM

Giles & Chris

Thanks for that.

I've had a look at some other clips from this camera on YouTube, and Giles, your footage is so much better quality. Do you think the difference is just that you are using a tripod, or do you have some other techniques?

Gilles Debord August 31st, 2009 04:41 PM

Hi Annie

In my case i've not others techniques, just lucky the cam was on "best shot" and i'm not sure that this setting is effective with the slowmotion, Vulturs are hand held, in French "à main levée" and the second day, House Martin are with a very light tripod not my "8 kilograms Vinten 11".

I think that the result will be better after reading the user guide and using the computer for the 5 sec pre-record (available in SD, HD,HS). You have to know that the display is very difficult to use "hand held" I'm sure that the way is the computer with a good sun hood

I think that this camera is not the best camera of the world, but she open a large window on a new world for the video amators, like (Slowmotion and accelerated motion).

Don't forget the photo intervallometer (with the computer) who is a good way for accelerated animation with "StopMotion pro" and generaly (the computer) to remote the cam on "all" in fact not absolutely all, but after reading the PDF manual you have all the answers.

Important: if you use the video (mini USB) port to a monitor ( with the mini USB adapter) without a computer the camera dont shot, same thing with the remote command (in the box) you can not drive the video mode but only the photo mode. The best way is the " soft Ver.2" on the Casio web site and a computer don't forget it, with all the (advantage and disadvantage) like electric power source, weight and other's.

For the Cam settings and tricks i think that Steve Mullen here on DVinfo is much highly better than me.

I imagine this Cam with a remoted pan/tilt head near the "area" with an USB return (no more than 45 meters USB maximum lenght with repetitors) and an "hard suit cover" after that i'll be ready to film and photography the cat of the house or others animals like Lammergeirs, Vulturs, Otters, Puma, Seals, Orca, Greys, UFO in Norway (could you confirm the rumor Per Joan), and other's. The best thing is, that the cam could be computer controlled and only with this key they open an amazing way, we have to develop it with " electronic's kits"

Best regards & sorry for the English

Gilles

Lauri Kettunen September 1st, 2009 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilles Debord (Post 1271632)
Vulturs gryphus slow motion add.

Great dynamic feeling of motion!

Annie Haycock September 6th, 2009 02:00 AM

Giles - thanks for all the information