DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Show Reel (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/485537-show-reel.html)

Alberto Saiz October 1st, 2010 08:08 AM

Show Reel

Hi everyone! Just share with you our last show reel.Its a little selection of shots filmed over the last months, working in several productions and self produced projects.
Critics are welcome.

Best wishes

Alberto Saiz
NaturaHD

John Abbey October 1st, 2010 10:48 AM

that was simply outstanding...how you managed to line up some of those shots, such as the owl in front of the moon, blows me away. what camera are you using for the long shots? I have been using a jvc hd100 with a nikon adapter and nikon MF lens to get the long reach. John

Alberto Saiz October 1st, 2010 12:15 PM

Thank you John! We´ve been using a JVC hd200 with that same Nikon adapter and a Red One camera with Nikon lenses. Also a Canon 5D Mark II for time lapses. Glad you like it!

Mat Thompson October 1st, 2010 01:09 PM

Fabulous. Great selection of species, seasons and shots. - yum yum !

Is this material taken from commissioned films or films you are producing and plan to sell into the market !?
How much is RED? - Quite a bit I'm thinking?
Were all those heli shoots done using a gyro stabilised camera?

My reel now feels very small indeed :-/ ! Cheers !

Alberto Saiz October 1st, 2010 01:41 PM

Thanks a lot Mat. First of all congrats for your Wildscreen nomination, you must be excited!
Mostly of the footage is from our own developing projects, just a compilation of our work as cameramen from the last months.
The aerials were filmed with Cineflex.
Your showreel is very good indeed, wish you luck!
Best wishes

Alan Melville October 3rd, 2010 06:16 AM

Alberto,

One word....stunning.

Some serious patience, early hours, late nights and excellent location scouting in there.

In your night sky take, it looked like you caught the passage of a night bird doing a fly by across the top of the screen!!!!

For a moment there I thought some may have been shot in Australia but I think, on closer inspection, it may have been Southern Spain?????? I'm intrigued as to where it was. The hovering bird looks very similar to our Nankine Kestral and the lizard looks close to our monitors but the colour differences in both are subtly different.

A pleasure to watch.

Al

Ronald Jackson October 4th, 2010 03:43 AM

Lovely stuff! Must get back to Extremadura again. How can I post this Vimeo sequence to a group Facebook site. Love to share it with other wildlife enthusiasts,

Ron

Helen Habib October 4th, 2010 05:59 PM

This was stunning and beautiful !!!! A lot of work went into this !!! This was totally captivating, really I'm blown away by this video entirely and inspired to make improvements in my own recordings.

Chris Paporakis October 4th, 2010 07:39 PM

Absolutely amazing, got too get out and shoot more often :-)

Bob Hart October 4th, 2010 11:07 PM

Alberto. I am envious of your excellent work. Lot's of obvious and patient endeavour there. The composer of your musical underscore deserves some credit too. Brother? Father? or Cousin?

I too was initially prompted to think some shots if Australia were in there. The range silhouette at 3:19 has a near twin in the Pilbara region, also another in inland South Australia.

Paul Cronin October 5th, 2010 10:43 AM

Thank you for sharing. Excellent work! Inspiring to watch on so many different levels.

Vishal Jadhav October 6th, 2010 10:19 AM

Amazing work Alberto,

This is very inspiring, can notice your love for the owls in here as they according to me are the most difficult to get. Over all a great action packed reel with some amazing music to go with it.
Very nicely done.

Cheers
Vishal

Kenneth Burgener October 11th, 2010 08:34 PM

I enjoyed the transition from rain to snow, I will have to try that here in Florida. Great work.

Ken

Lauri Kettunen October 11th, 2010 10:41 PM

A stunning reel. There must be a lot of work behind it.

Jonathan Shaw October 19th, 2010 12:40 AM

what's the password?