DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Wonders of the Barrier Reef Queensland (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/510268-wonders-barrier-reef-queensland.html)

Paul Wags August 27th, 2012 07:21 AM

Wonders of the Barrier Reef Queensland

Here is a little clip I put together from footage I shot out on the Great Barrier Reef out from Cairns Queensland, Australia.
Air shots with a Canon 60D from a Heli and plane.
Underwater a Sony FX1 3CCD video camera.
You can also see why I don't shoot video underwater with a DSLR.:-)
Wonders Of The Great Barrier Reef And Coral Sea Underwater Video - YouTube

Bryce Comer August 27th, 2012 11:20 AM

Re: Wonders of the Barrier Reef Queensland

Hey Paul,
Great video! I really liked the movement you had in most of the shots. Could have watched lots more, & was left wanting more when it finished.Great job!
Bryce

Allan Black August 27th, 2012 03:55 PM

Paul, great video. I saw those fishes fathers and mothers, off Green Island 40yrs ago on our honeymoon.

Great to see the kids carrying on the tradition. Nice music selection and editing.

Cheers.

Paul Wags August 27th, 2012 05:30 PM

Thanks guys for your comments.
There are so many beautiful things around here and the best part is you never get cold.:-)
Winter.. O yeh that means I have to turn of the ceiling fans.
40 years ago, wow the place would of changed a bit now since then.

Allan Black August 27th, 2012 10:21 PM

Somewhat :) We also flew a day flight from Cooktown to Lizard Is. and landed on the beach in a Cessna with 2 other visitors.

This was well before that way upmarket guest house.

We circled around the island to alert the guy with the tractor/grader, then after he cleared some palm branches we landed Ok.
I sat next to the pilot who had a strained back and I was ready to take over.

Even tho my bride still had stars in her eyes, she recalls that bit with a frown :)

The seawater was so clear you could see down about 40 feet, it was like watching the fish in 3D. :0

Cheers.

Rick L. Allen September 5th, 2012 07:36 AM

People, please watermark your work!

Unless of course you think you work has no value and should be given away for free.

Paul Wags September 5th, 2012 04:09 PM

Gee Alan sounds like a fun time. Population is around 150k so still no way like a city, very relaxing and always warm with many water holes and waterfalls to explore in the rainforest.

Rick I hear you but it's just a tiny little demo from a heap of footage I have. If people want to rip off the low version from youtube because it makes them happy to watch it, then good for them. They might even end up buying my 90 minute Reef to Rainforest Relaxation DVD or BluRay.:-)

Rick L. Allen September 6th, 2012 06:24 PM

You Tube Terms of Service - Item 6. C.

However, by submitting Content to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and YouTube's (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access your Content through the Service, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Content as permitted through the functionality of the Service and under these Terms of Service.

Alastair Traill September 6th, 2012 09:25 PM

At one stage I was involved in making 16 mm educational films about coral reefs. Soon afterwards I was watching a quiz show and noticed that a few seconds of my footage was being used to advertise a Great Barrier Reef holiday. I contacted the producers who said they would make doubly sure that they had the authority to use the material. An hour or two later they rang back to say they had no such authority and would I accept a certain sum of money. I suggested double the amount and we compromised by splitting the difference. That evening the agreed amount was left in our letter box. All very amicable and incredibly speedy.

My lawyer was appalled that I had acted so quickly. She could have got ten times the amount and only charged 90%. Her way would have taken 3 years.

Allan Black September 7th, 2012 03:17 AM

Or longer, you did the right thing Alastair, it wasn't Slater and Gordon the local outfit was it?

Cheers.

Andrew Smith September 10th, 2012 03:32 AM

LOL. I know a lawyer who has been at the big end of town as a verily esteemed partner, and the rest of them just couldn't understand why she would find cheaper ways of resolving matters for her clients.

She's more than happy running her own small practice now ... and feeling good at the end of the day.

Andrew

Paul Wags September 11th, 2012 05:38 AM

Well its better to share some of my footage to the world and maybe make a few people happy than have it sit on tapes in a box. If it ends up some place else then so be it but if I find out I will contact them. :-)

It happen once with some Whale Shark footage, there I was watching TV and bingo there was my Whale Shark in a commercial. I contacted them and was paid.:-)

So I guess YouTube also own all those BBC docs and stuff that have been loaded up by all kinds of folks.

Jonathan Shaw September 18th, 2012 11:25 PM

Great work Wags, some stunning shots

Ronald Jackson September 19th, 2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wags (Post 1751537)
Gee Alan sounds like a fun time. Population is around 150k so still no way like a city, very relaxing and always warm with many water holes and waterfalls to explore in the rainforest.

Rick I hear you but it's just a tiny little demo from a heap of footage I have. If people want to rip off the low version from youtube because it makes them happy to watch it, then good for them. They might even end up buying my 90 minute Reef to Rainforest Relaxation DVD or BluRay.:-)

How do I get a copy of the Blu Ray version here in the UK? Mind you, I've some relatives in Cairns so maybe that's the way.

Ron

Paul Wags September 22nd, 2012 06:14 AM

well cannot put a link here but just google Reef to Rainforestdvd and bingo ...:-)