DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Sites and Sounds April 14, 2013 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/515813-sites-sounds-april-14-2013-a.html)

David Rice April 14th, 2013 04:33 PM

Sites and Sounds April 14, 2013

Sites and Sounds of Sitka Alaska on April 14, 2013. I filmed this short video in only 3 hours with a Panasonic GH2. I used the standard firmware, no Hack. Edited with Sony Vegas Pro 10 then re-sized using Handbrake using a old 3 core computer. Bird Watching, Bald Eagles, Fly Fishermen, Clam Digging, and Boating are many of the activities experienced on this rare sunny day. Feel free to share with others.

I'm slowly losing my mobility, and I noticed a loss of memory this past year, but, I will continue to film as long as I can.

Enjoy,
Dave

Allan Black April 14th, 2013 08:15 PM

Re: Sites and Sounds April 14, 2013

Nice work David, my wife and I travelled in the King Salmon area and flew to Brooks Falls for a day to see the bears salmon fishing.
Your video reminds us of the beautiful scenery and wildlife there.

We couldn't find a nicer area to go out walking every day, great exercise for you .. and us :)

But watch out for the Grizzlies :)
Cheers.

Bryce Comer April 14th, 2013 09:22 PM

Lovely images David,
Wow you certainly achieved a lot in only 3 hours!
Thanks for sharing.
Bryce

Sabyasachi Patra April 24th, 2013 09:41 PM

Please continue doing what you love. Each moment of our life is to be lived. Love watching your videos. Keep it up.

Allan Black April 25th, 2013 02:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great sentiments Saby, but watch out for the wildlife when you're shooting up there ..

Cheers.

Sabyasachi Patra April 25th, 2013 03:49 AM

God! That would be tough on the person, as I know of one photographer who moved too close and was attacked and lost one eye. What was the result Allan?

At times we filmmakers and photographers move close to the subject, at times within the comfort zone of the animal or bird. Unless one is able to read the signs/body language of the subject moving close is dangerous.

In India one press photographer was killed by a wild elephant when he went too close to click with his wide angle lens. Another person who had moved close to elephants in an agricultural field, was charged at by elephants. The poor fellow ran, stumbled and had a fatal heart attack, even though the elephant never came close to trample him.

However, expert we might be, one mistake can be our last. I have stopped calling myself a knowledgeable person/expert after an incident when my ego was comprehensively crushed by tigers in the dark. Tigers in the Dark

We have long lenses, so it is better to keep a safe distance so that the subject is not stressed.

David Rice April 25th, 2013 12:48 PM

I got too close to a Bald Eagle once. I was standing about 10 feet under it. The Bald Eagle let loose, and I was immediately covered with about a liter of fertilizer.