DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   A Day at Merritt Island NWR (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/531129-day-merritt-island-nwr.html)

Doug Jensen February 9th, 2016 08:04 AM

A Day at Merritt Island NWR

Normally I shoot wildlife with my F55 and a big Canon 200-400mm f/4 or a Red 300mm PL. But I'm traveling light on a trip to Florida and only brought the FS7 and a small (and cheap) Canon 200mm prime. Nevertheless I decided to go out and shoot some wildlife stock anyway in my spare time and I'm pleased at how the FS7 holds up.

Mark Williams February 9th, 2016 04:39 PM

Re: A Day at Merritt Island NWR

Great looking footage.

Bob Safay February 10th, 2016 07:15 AM

Doug, great shots, and very appropriate as next month I will be spending a week visiting friends that live on Merritt Island. I already forwarded this to them and told them that visiting the NWR is on my wish list. Thanks for sharing. Bob

Doug Jensen February 10th, 2016 08:16 AM

Thanks Bob. Yes it would be well worth your time to visit the refuge at sunset or sunrise on a day when there isn't too much wind. Lots stuff to shoot, the video above is just a glimpse at what is out there.

Happy hunting (with your camera)!

Doug Jensen March 21st, 2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Safay (Post 1908738)
Doug, great shots, and very appropriate as next month I will be spending a week visiting friends that live on Merritt Island. I already forwarded this to them and told them that visiting the NWR is on my wish list. Thanks for sharing. Bob

Bob, how did your shooting go on Merritt Island?

Jerry Porter March 21st, 2016 11:11 AM

Hey look my back yard. Nice work

Bob Safay March 22nd, 2016 05:33 AM

Doug, I decided to wait until after Easter break. I leave for Merritt Island on Monday. Then in early April I will be spending several days in the Okefenokee Swamp. Can't wait to get out and video. Bob

Doug Jensen March 22nd, 2016 05:51 PM

I'm sure you'll have a great time when you get to both places. There's nothing better than shooting wildlife (with a camera, of course).

Here's something else I shot at Merritt Island last week.

Bob Safay March 24th, 2016 03:29 PM

Doug, another beautiful video, your color was so rich. Question, did you color correct in post or was this out of the camera, also, the same for slow motion, I know the Sony can do great SM in camera, but did you add any in post? Bob

Doug Jensen March 25th, 2016 04:56 AM

Thank you, Bob.

The slow-motion was done in-camera at 180 fps. Those birds are moving very, very, fast.

I shot using the FS7's S-LOG2 mode so a quick color grade had to be applied with DaVinci Resolve to increase the contrast, but I only spent about 15 minutes on it.

Bob Safay March 27th, 2016 04:34 PM

Well you sure got some beautiful color, a very impressive camcorder. I head down there in the morning, and I will be hitting Homosassa Springs on the way back to Atlanta. Be safe, Bob

Doug Jensen March 27th, 2016 08:51 PM

Happy hunting, and good luck. I wish I could join you but I am up in New England again until I start heading West next week for NAB and some national parks shooting.