DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Exploring Pocket Creek - Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/531624-exploring-pocket-creek-video.html)

Mark Williams April 14th, 2016 05:37 PM

Exploring Pocket Creek - Video

I spent the day exploring Pocket Creek which is in the Crockford-Pigeon Mountain Wildlife Management Area located just west of Lafayette, GA. This area has unique natural features that effect temperature, humidity, sunlight, soil characteristics and plant life. During my visit wildflowers were blooming in abundance. A blue-green algae which is highly photosynthetic this time of year gave the creek an unusual bright green look. At the head of the creek is a nice waterfall with a small cave behind it. From talking to the locals I learned the creek is spring fed and has nice flows only after a heavy rain.

This video was shot in April 2016 using a Panasonic GH4 camera, set at 1080p 60fps and recording at 200mbps. Lenses used were the Panasonic 14-45, 45-175, and Olympus 60mm macro as well as 75-300. Other equipment used was a Benro S-6 tripod, Tascam DR-40 audio recorder, and Rhino Slider V1 carbon. Edited with Edius 5.51. Music “Resignation” by Paul Mottram. License for use was purchased from audionetwork.com order number 569xxx.

Tim Lewis April 14th, 2016 07:29 PM

Re: Exploring Pocket Creek - Video

Lovely Mark!

My only comment would be that by the time the video was ending I was feeling the lack of a long shot or two. What a brilliant shot on which to finish the video!

Mark Williams April 14th, 2016 08:46 PM

Thank you very much.

Bob Safay April 15th, 2016 05:46 AM

Mark, a beautifully filmed, perfectly edited video. I always find your waterfall videos to be mentally soothing, and yet at times stimulating. There is not much that can beat having morning coffee and watching your videos. My only comment....I wish it was longer. Thank you for posting these. Bob

Mark Williams April 15th, 2016 08:30 AM

Thanks Bob. I enjoy your videos also.

Phil Murray April 16th, 2016 01:19 AM

That was very beautiful, Mark. Not only did I enjoy it immensely, I learned from watching it. Thank you very much for sharing.

Mick Jenner April 16th, 2016 02:04 AM

Another beautiful piece Mark, as bob says you could watch all day. When you export from edius what codec and setting do you use. Mick

Mark Williams April 16th, 2016 07:00 AM

Thanks Mick. I am exporting from Edius as a lossless file then bringing it into TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress where it is encoded with Windows Media Video at 2-pass CBR 20,000kb/s and all quality sliders to maximum.

Mark Williams April 16th, 2016 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Murray (Post 1912769)
That was very beautiful, Mark. Not only did I enjoy it immensely, I learned from watching it. Thank you very much for sharing.

Thanks Phil, I am glad that you liked it.

Mick Jenner April 16th, 2016 09:06 AM

Thanks Mark, may give that a try as I TMPGEnc 4.0 but using edius 7.5. Never been happy with my encodes for vimeo. Mick