DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Something to share (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/532457-something-share.html)

Steve Siegel August 13th, 2016 05:45 AM

Something to share

I happened on this video by accident, but I think it is so good, I had to share it. I have never heard of the videographer, a young lady from Finland named Tarja M.

Kevin Railsback August 13th, 2016 07:34 AM

Re: Something to share

Pretty amazing footage!
Nice find!!

Noa Put August 14th, 2016 01:35 AM

The youtube description says 3 guys shot the film and it took more then 650 shootingdays. There are indeed some very beautiful shots in there.

Vishal Jadhav August 14th, 2016 01:27 PM

Amazing footage, great work put in

Steve Siegel August 14th, 2016 01:45 PM

THREE GUYS! I sure missed that one. Then who is this Tarja M? Sorry for being so naïve, but it still is super footage.

Catherine Russell August 14th, 2016 09:09 PM

Well, Tarja M stands for Tarja Mitrovic and to know more about her you need to understand Finnish. She is the one who posted this fantastic work of the "3 guys."

Thanks Steve, what a find. That was wonderful viewing. It also goes to show that when you are moved to create something, you do it regardless of what people think. Great lesson there! What could 355 people possibly find unappealing about a piece of work like this?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Cat

Noa Put August 15th, 2016 01:17 AM

Not sure if Tanja had anything to do with the production of this film, the persons who produced this films are not exactly hobbyists with a passion, their gearlist includes arri alexa, amira and a weisscam camera and their films have been co-produced by national geographic, discovery channel etc. One of the lenses they use is the Canon cine-servo 50-1000mm so their equipment is probably more expensive then what most of us pay for a house. I think they must be the most patient persons on the planet to be able to produce content like this :)

Catherine Russell August 15th, 2016 06:56 AM

Hi Noa, nice to meet you! Thanks for all the interesting background information on the filmmakers. I'm thankful we have people as patient as they are to give us material like this. I'm not one of the more patient types in filmmaking so I sincerely appreciate it when I see the amazing results that come with the perseverance that goes with endless hours of waiting for a perfect opportunity.

Steve Siegel August 16th, 2016 12:16 PM

I think we all know what sort of patience is needed for these shots, as our old friend Per Johan Naesje used to do the same thing.

Per Johan Naesje August 18th, 2016 07:51 AM

Hi all! Long time since I posted any here as I have been quite busy lately!
Steve, thanks for mention me about this beautiful wildlife film. But I have to say that I am lightyears behind/away from being able to accomplish such stunning shots as you can view in this film.
Neither do I have any Arri nor Amira camcorders to play with ;)
Anyway I am about to start up some small wildlife projects. Next week I will go back to my sweet mountain area at Dovrefjell to film the muskoxen once again. There have been too long time since I was there... looking very much forward to do this again!
In the meantime I have been several visits to Langedrag Nature Park to film the eurasian lynx and particularly a female lynx which gave birth to 2 cubs in late May. Thanks to the Wildlife Park I got special permission to come in to the den and film quite close to her and her cubs.
Note that this is controlled environment, but there are not a walk in the park to get good footage, as the area is quite large and the animals are free to hide and walk away if they want. The filming was done on the animals premise
Here´s a link to the film on vimeo:

Chris Hurd August 18th, 2016 08:31 AM

This thread was originally posted to the UWOL contest forum. I have moved it to the UWOL general forum since it is not related to the contest.

Tim Lewis August 18th, 2016 02:50 PM

Lovely Per!

Geir Inge August 22nd, 2016 11:30 AM

Hi PJ.
So good to see one of your videos again.
I wish you a nice trip to Dovre and the musk ox.
Geir Inge

Per Johan Naesje August 24th, 2016 01:07 PM

Thanks Geir Inge,
I am still at Dovrefjell, last day tomorrow
Had a fantastic trip with many lovely footage clips of Muskox and the beautiful landscape
Will upload soon on my Vimeo-channel, stay tuned