New Short Film at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old April 25th, 2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Major Player

New Short Film

Made a Short film for a forest that has received very little attention in the past , so made this in collaboration with the Forest Department to visually present the sanctuary to people.

This was shot in 5 days at peak of Summer in India . Would like to know your feedback on this to help me improve make better films in future.

Old April 25th, 2018, 11:25 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: New Short Film

Hi Vishal,
That was really great. What a place to go and observe wildlife!! I love how they have all those hides set up. Incredible to think you can even stay in that hide over night during the full moon!!
As for feedback, i did notice how some of the shots had a lot of artifacts, where as the vast majority were pristine. Not sure if that was because a different camera was used that was of lesser quality, or it was my internet playing up. I loved the ambient sounds too, there was just one bird sound that i thought could be used a little more sparingly that started around 0:54.
Overall, a really nice job, well done!!
Bryce
Old April 26th, 2018, 01:26 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce Comer View Post
As for feedback, i did notice how some of the shots had a lot of artifacts, where as the vast majority were pristine. Not sure if that was because a different camera was used that was of lesser quality, or it was my internet playing up. I loved the ambient sounds too, there was just one bird sound that i thought could be used a little more sparingly that started around 0:54.
Bryce
Thanks Bryce,
I think some of it might be internet playing as i have seen it at different places during the Youtube replays. The footage is from 5D MIV , GH5 and a Drone Phantom 4, i did observe some issue with the Phantom footage at 2 places when it comes on to the internet not sure why. Sure need to find a better way.
The bird sound from 0.54 is river terns, actually they are so noisy that you can hardly hear anything else or yourself and they are in quantity, that said i think i need to lower the volume of that track to make it more ambient to the ear of the viewer.
Thanks again
Old April 26th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Hi Vishal, very good indeed. My only real observation is that of the backing music. For a five minute plus film the tempo needed to alter in places, night scenes and maybe at seasonal changes. This would have had added bit more drama and mystic to the reserve giving the viewer the urged to explore the area rather than being rushed through there at a fairly fast pace. This could be achieved using two or more music tracks. Hope this makes sense

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2018, 10:42 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jenner View Post
Hi Vishal, very good indeed. My only real observation is that of the backing music. For a five minute plus film the tempo needed to alter in places, night scenes and maybe at seasonal changes. This would have had added bit more drama and mystic to the reserve giving the viewer the urged to explore the area rather than being rushed through there at a fairly fast pace. This could be achieved using two or more music tracks. Hope this makes sense

Mick
Thanks Mick,
The idea of using few different tracks would be nice, but the film is about how the persons experience would be there for a day so kept it same but it may be different in the night shots i suppose . There is no seasonal change in this film . Thats part II when i shoot in October post monsoon.
Old April 27th, 2018, 04:47 AM   #6
Major Player

Very nice. I would like to see longer shots of the birds. I get a glimpse then off to the next scene.
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2018, 07:48 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Michael View Post
Very nice. I would like to see longer shots of the birds. I get a glimpse then off to the next scene.
Thanks Jim, This was a version for the major social media platform so a shorter one, the longer version of the film will sure have the longer shots and more of them.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land