DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   More underwater H.264 clips (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/58560-more-underwater-h-264-clips.html)

Paul Wags January 18th, 2006 03:06 AM

More underwater H.264 clips

Hi all.
I have loaded up some more FX1 underwater QT7 H.264 clips onto my site.
www.hdvunderwater.com

Enjoy
Paul Wags

James Darren January 18th, 2006 07:00 AM

nice work Paul...

Paul Wags January 18th, 2006 09:58 AM

Thanks James.
Hey I see you fix video cameras?
I have had my PD100 to bits few times over the years. Even got to it once with Xylene to clean a very dirty head. Worked a treat.

Wags

James Darren January 19th, 2006 04:03 AM

G'day Paul,

Yeh been a camera tech for 8 years now(i'm 25yrs old)
Good luck with your own repair work! I suppose you often wouldn't have much choice when your in an isolated place like yourself, bush technician!

I was up your way in Aug 2005 for 3 weeks filming a doco & i'll be back up there the same time this year filming another project....

Paul Wags January 19th, 2006 08:54 PM

What were you filming up here and who for?

Im not much of a uptop man, done abit on Beta SP for German TV but underwater is my stuff. I'm taking off April, May, June and plan on going out in my Rib and the Shark boats as much as I can to film and build my underwater archive up in HDV.

Here is some video pics of the big old floppy Whale Sharks I took while snorkeling.
http://www.ningalooreefteach.com/WhaleSharks.htm
Now if I can just replicate that in HDV.....

Paul

James Darren January 20th, 2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Wags
What were you filming up here and who for?

It was a doco about a group of guys on 2-man paddle skis who paddled the 400kms between carnarvon to exmouth over 2 weeks. There were some well known & great guys on the trip. The producer from Sydney was the main cameraman & I was doing water camera & b-camera shots. I mainly shoot surfing (i'm not a diver) and I own a Sony PDX10P in a surf housing built by Dave Kelly & a Bolex 16mm RX5.

Are you selling much of your footage Paul?

Paul Wags January 20th, 2006 06:26 AM

I remember those guys.

I'm always selling bits here and there, I have lots of underwater 3CCD mini DVCAM from over the years and have truck loads of big old Floppy Whale Sharks. In fact I problaby filmed more Whale Sharks than anyone. Other amazing time I have been in the water with over 200 Manta Rays swimming all along the back of the reef on one special day.

Just sold some nice baby turtle hatchlings and swimming shots I shot back in 2002, knew I would make a buck out of it some time. Most of my footage is from having the housing on the boat every day when I ran dive charters and if they was something amazing I would jump in a flim it.

HDV is so much better,( it's not perfect) dump it to Digi Beta and know one would know the difference. I'm looking forward to building my archive up in that format and I'm sure it will sell. If you get a gig and need some more reef stuf, give me a yell.

I have a small surveyed RIB and have taken out the BBC, Stone from Pearl Jam, Jap guy with custom titanium housing with Sony a F900 in it, David Ireland, Greg Graingers mob and even crewed on the boat that Ellie Mcpherson used when they did the shoot back in 1996 for WATC plus alot of other water jobs as film crews come through.

Never got into surfing, done abit in my RIB though. 5.6 meter with 115hp...

I have a question for you though. Did I use the right stuff in cleaning my video head with Xylene? Are you with Camtec down there? I have had my Sony PD100 to bits many times over the years, from broken ribon cables to mould inside the lens asemebly.

I use Amphibico housings for my video cameras and have a Nikon D70 in a Sea & Sea housing for stills. I think shooting surf stuff is completely different to underwater and so are the housings. Bolex 16mm RX5 thats cool...

Paul