Musk Ox trailer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old September 11th, 2006, 05:08 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Marnell
The main thing is he's been lying down among musk ox for hours shooting pretty rare images; which goes to prove that rumours that Per Johan bears the slightest resemblance to a musk ox, male or female, are unfounded ...
roll on the footage ... next time perhaps he will take some delayed/remote control shots of himself among the herd as well, please ... just for the archives?
Well, with the thread: The Ethics of Wildlife Shooting - in my mind, I was thinking about Timothy Treadwell laying among the grizzly bears. Luckily I have a huge telephotolense being able to come near the animal without risking my own life. My ethic philosophy is that when I am out in the wild to take picture it is on the animals terms. I will never look at them as something other than animals. I will let them rule and I'm very careful not to disturb them in any way. I'm walking by my feet for hours with my gear on my back (25 kg). In our National parks it is not allowed with any terrain vehicle. I think this is the way any wildlifephotographer should behave.
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Johan
I think this is the way any wildlifephotographer should behave.
True, this is the way to do it. Be there without interfering with the animals life. They might notice you, but they won't change their behavior because of you are there.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land