DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Nature Montage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/77755-nature-montage.html)

Mack Fisher October 18th, 2006 10:45 PM

Nature Montage

I have decided to switch from 1080i to to 720p so I'm marketing my 1080i footage now in an effort to get my name out there then reel em with when I start selling 720p anyways here is a link to a video of some of my 1080i footage.

http://www.northweststockfootage.com/1080i_trailer.mov

Kevin Railsback October 18th, 2006 11:37 PM

Hey Mack,
Beautiful stuff!
Curious why you're switching to 720?
Everyone wants me shooting 1080. Course I guess it's 1080/24p and not 1080/60i that they want me to shoot.

I'm in Hawaii at the moment. Just been exploring mostly. Will try to get some good shooting done in the morning.

Tony Davies-Patrick October 19th, 2006 05:50 AM

There was some very nice footage in your trailer Mack, well done and I look forward to viewing more of your work.

Washington State is one of my favourite places to film and photograph - an amazing diversity of landscapes, especially the divide between NW coastline, northern rainforest, Cascades, Columbia lower gorge and desert-like upper reaches of the Columbia valley.

Possibly the only thing about your trailer that bothered me a little was the sloping horizon lines in many of the sunset clips...otherwise wonderful stuff to watch, and brings back fond memories.

Mark Williams October 19th, 2006 06:55 AM

Hi Mack,

Wow that was some beautiful scenery. Just a few comments. Some of the cuts seemed a little abrupt where I thought a disolve would be more appropriate. I'd remove the scene with the deer in the road and keep the closeup of them which was really nice. For some reason IMO the road shot took something away from the nice closeup which the viewer should think you really had to work hard to get.

Thanks for posting so we could view your work.

Tony Davies-Patrick October 19th, 2006 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Williams
Hi Mack,

Wow that was some beautiful scenery. Just a few comments. Some of the cuts seemed a little abrupt where I thought a disolve would be more appropriate. I'd remove the scene with the deer in the road and keep the closeup of them which was really nice. For some reason IMO the road shot took something away from the nice closeup which the viewer should think you really had to work hard to get.

Thanks for posting so we could view your work.

I think Mark is right about the road shot. The long pipe in the background of the daffs clip was also distracting (I know that it is the tractor and workers, but the bright pipe pulls the eye away from the flowers).

Bob Thompson October 19th, 2006 08:41 AM

Mack, Some nice material, I agree with what has already been said and would like to see more dissolves at the start and at the end. It appears jumpy with straight cuts. I my opinion there is definetly no need for the wide shot of the road and the 2 Deer, but the close up is great. Also I find the tracking shot unnessary and it is always difficult to cut or dissolve out of a moving shot.

Good luck with the 720P work, you certainly have some beautiful scenery to work with

Bob

Mack Fisher October 19th, 2006 08:54 AM

Thank you for opinions. I will fix it and let you guys know when I post and updated version.

The reason Im going from 1080i to 720p is as much as I sometimes like the look of interlaced video 24p is really start to grow on me, its cadience in presence in unmatchable in my opinion. I watch TV shows where they mix 60i and 24p and I always watch the broll in 60i and then it cuts to some footage shot in 24p and it always looks amazing and more proffessional.

Gabriel Yeager October 19th, 2006 09:38 AM

Wow, Mack. You have really outdone yourself. That looks incredible. I have got to say, 'I never knew that washington had such beautiful places... And that I live here, and did not know it. Thanks'.

I really like the steady-cam shot. Very nice.

I have got to ask you one thing, "do you know what Geocaching is?"

Thanks again for showing us the great footage!
~Gabriel~

Ken Diewert October 19th, 2006 12:31 PM

Hey Mack,

Nice Stuff.

I'm on Vancouver Island with an H1 if you need some coastal BC footage. I'll be heading to some salmon streams in the next couple of weeks.

I'm also taking the H1 down to Costa Rica in Jan for a month. I expect to pick-up some great stuff down there. I'm working on a bird watching show but will expect grab some great stock as well.

BTW, I assume you're shooting to HDV tape?

Mack Fisher October 19th, 2006 11:20 PM

Gabriel, I have no idea what that is haha.

Kevin send me a PM with your information so I can keep on file. I want to handle 99% of the footage myself but Im sure I could make some execptions to work some stuff out.