DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Per & CANON - Congratulations! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/80287-per-canon-congratulations.html)

Tony Davies-Patrick November 24th, 2006 07:42 AM

Per & CANON - Congratulations!

I'd like to give Per Johan a massive round of congratulations for finally obtaining sponsorship from Canon towards his future Musk Oxen video filming project in Norway.

I look forward to viewing the final high quality video, and am sure this is just the beginning of a fast-rising future for Per in the competitive world of wildlife and nature films in both SD and HD.

Per Johan Naesje November 24th, 2006 07:50 AM

Thanks Tony,
I'm very humble to achieve something like this. I will now start shooting the project with Canon XLH1 camcorder and I will also try out larger telephoto lenses like the Canon EF 500mm / 4,0L IS.

I'll keep you all updated with my progress with the project.

Grant Sherman November 24th, 2006 07:56 AM

Congratulations Per

Mike Teutsch November 24th, 2006 08:06 AM

Wow, great Per! I look forward to updates and seeing footage when possible!

Hi Tony!

Mike

Brendan Marnell November 24th, 2006 08:56 AM

Absolutely marvellous for Per Johan and for all of us. Well done and well deserved.

Meryem Ersoz November 24th, 2006 09:21 AM

congratulations, per. your footage is remarkable. well done.

the talent erupting all over dvinfo is amazing to me.....

Ken Diewert November 24th, 2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Per Johan
Thanks Tony,
I'm very humble to achieve something like this. I will now start shooting the project with Canon XLH1 camcorder and I will also try out larger telephoto lenses like the Canon EF 500mm / 4,0L IS.

I'll keep you all updated with my progress with the project.

Wow!

That lens is worth nearly as much as the H1. Congratulations Per on your sponsorship!

I guess hard work, talent, patience and persistence pays off.

Trond Saetre November 24th, 2006 12:51 PM

Congratulations Per!

Looking forward to see more of your awesome footage!
Keep up the good work.

Bob Thompson November 25th, 2006 05:57 AM

Congratulations on the sponsorship Per, waiting to see your footage with the new gear

Bob

Mick Jenner November 25th, 2006 07:30 AM

Congratulations and well done.

regards

Mick

Ian Thomas November 25th, 2006 01:51 PM

Yes well done, looking forward to see how the XLH1 performs

Does this mean that you will not be using the XL2 anymore and that they will only have your musk oxen project in HD

Per Johan Naesje November 25th, 2006 03:02 PM

Ian, I could't say no to a XLH1 could I? ;-)

I think the "value" of the footage will be much higher when shooting in HD(V). Also som TV-stations like National Geographic Channel and Discovery Channel demands for HD much more than SD.
Even if the finished DVD will be downconverted, the future is here already with BlueRay and HD-DVD.
Having footage shoot with HD, we can reedit and have some real cool stock footage in the future.
We also missed the mate footage, so I think we have to go on for almost one more year.

Some of the best SD footage will most certainly be used.

- Per Johan

Ian Thomas November 25th, 2006 03:27 PM

Thanks for your quick replay

No i would jump at the chance of a XLH1 its just that the XL2 produces lovely
pictures, and Iam working on a project on roe deer and foxes which is shot on both the XL1-2 of which iam hoping that at some point it might get broadcast,

But as good as the XL2 is how long can i go with it before i have to upgrade if i have broadcast aspirations, i have a good story but is the XL2 going to open the gate

Steve Siegel November 25th, 2006 05:23 PM

One more in the long line of congratulations for your absolutely gorgeous work.

Stay warm.

Steve Siegel

Per Johan Naesje November 26th, 2006 03:02 AM

To all: Thanks very much for your support! My new gear will arrive a week from now. I'm very eager to start and can almost not wait, christmas evening came early this year!

I think I need some time to get used to the new settings. But I think that the operating of the camcorder is almost identical to the XL2? Look forward to shoot in this marvellous light we got during christmas time due to short daytime up here near the north pole! I will be out shooting one entire week between christmas and newyear in the muskox land.

I will provide both uncompressed and compressed footage at the forum. I might talk to Chris (Hurd) about hosting the uncompressed footage.

How many of you are able (interested) to download 100-200 MB of uncompressed material? It's important for me to know, because this is a huge file size for the internet.