Free Gear! Hot Tips! Colorado Outdoor Video Producers’ Workshop…Fri., May 11 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old May 5th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #1
Wrangler

Free Gear! Hot Tips! Colorado Outdoor Video Producers’ Workshop…Fri., May 11

Announcing a first-of-its-kind event in Colorado! Friday May 11 from 5:30-7:30 at the Dairy Center’s Carson Theater, 2590 Walnut St. in Boulder

In cooperation with the Boulder Adventure Film Festival, planet E studios is sponsoring an Outdoor Film and Video Producers’ Workshop entitled “Gearing Up and Getting Out.”

Guest speakers will include David D’Angelo from Serac Adventure Films, who will discuss how to gear up under extreme and fast outdoor conditions, Rob Faris from Rush HD, who will discuss how to market your masterpieces effectively, Bruce Borowsky from Boulder Digital Arts, who will discuss changes in the outdoors video marketplace, and Meryem Ersoz, from the Under Water, Over Land Challenge who will discuss some available resources for refining your production skills.

The discussion will be followed by extensive Q&A. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions about how to hone your craft and take it to the next level.

There will also be a free gear raffle/giveaway after the presentation. This is your chance to score some new toys.

After the discussion, you are invited to attend the full screening of Rush HD’s “Shelter from the Storm,” as four of the world’s top women skiers as they ski and climb the near-vertical couloirs and vast frozen seas of remote Baffin island while helping the island’s Inuit poulation.

Link to the outdoor producers’ workshop promotional poster:

http://www.planetestudios.com/baff.html

Full Boulder Adventure Film Festival program:

http://www.boulderadventurefilm.com

Directions to the Dairy Center at 2590 Walnut St. in Boulder:

http://www.thedairy.org/About/about.html
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2007, 11:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Wow Meryem, how cool! Thats very neat that you have the opportunity to do this.

It sounds like a blast, I wish that I could be there.

I think thats just a little bit to far of a drive with these gas prices going up. A real bummer. :( And definitely to far of a bike ride! lol!

I hope you have a good time, and everyone who goes!

Now back to thinking about what to do for the UWOL........
~Gabriel
Old May 9th, 2007, 11:38 AM   #3
Wrangler

thanks, gabriel. i hope it goes well. i'm screening one of per's entries and mat's most recent winner. they agreed to let me use their work (thanks guys!), so i was watching them again, and i was amazed all over at the beauty of the work we are collectively doing together...
Old May 10th, 2007, 01:00 AM   #4
Trustee

Good luck with the event Meryem!
Looking forward to a report how it comes out.
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:26 PM   #5
Wrangler

per, i was just reviewing your crow film, "corvus corax" in full size. man, what a gorgeous film. i'll probably screen the winner of the first competition for tomorrow, but it was great to be able to watch this again on a big screen. what stunning footage. how cool to be eyeball-to-eyeball with these magnificent birds. i'll load them all onto one DVD, but it will be hard to pick and choose. should be fun to watch these on a 10' screen!
Old May 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM   #6
Major Player

So Meryem, how did it go?

~Gabriel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land