DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Under Water, Over Land (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/)
-   -   Moods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/under-water-over-land/94965-moods.html)

Geir Inge May 24th, 2007 05:57 PM

Moods

Deadline of uwol#3 has passed and so I've put together some of my clips in attempt to show different moods.
All filmed on the mid west coast of Norway.
"Stemninger" is norwegian for "moods".
Filesize: 85 mb and it's a mediaplayer file.

Moods

Mark Williams May 24th, 2007 07:34 PM

Geir,

Very nice collection of clips set to a beautiful music track. Well worth the long download.

Regards,

Bob Thompson May 25th, 2007 12:52 AM

Lovely shots creating a beautiful mood.

What camera was used?

Bob

Geir Inge May 25th, 2007 12:57 AM

Thanks for kind words, Bob.
My camera is a Canon XL H1, and I like it a lot :)
These clips are filmed during last winter and spring 2007.

Geir Inge May 26th, 2007 01:07 AM

Hi folks.
I think I've done a little blunder putting my clips in this post.
I should have put it under "Show your work" or XLH1 clips.
Sorry about that.

Bob Safay May 26th, 2007 04:59 AM

Geir, wonderful, very soothing and relaxing. Bob

Geir Inge May 26th, 2007 06:22 AM

Thank you Bob. nice of you to say.
Just a mix I've done with my XLH1 camera.
I miss you in uwol3, was waiting for, if not "urban recreation", some more of your excellent filming. Hope you will participate in uwol4.

Rick A. Phillips May 26th, 2007 10:48 AM

Geir,

I just watched "Stemninger" a couple of times. You have a real talent for putting together these "moody" little masterpieces. I especially enjoyed the footage of the otter. Thanks for sharing this work here.

Rick

Brendan Marnell May 26th, 2007 04:26 PM

That is very beautiful and very watchable Geir. From the moment your gentle music anticipated the title and all the way through it was magnetic. So much of the footage was memorable but you achieved an exceptional surprise with your clip from the bottom of a sea-cliff of the gannets circling way above at the top of the cliff. If I'd shot that footage I would have spoiled its impact by editing it with some kind of corny introduction. You just trimmed off all before and after and left the action to the gannets ... I must check out more of your material and learn from it ...

... Is there something special in the drinking water in Norway? Or are you and Per Johan taking the same tablets?

Maybe it was my wmp that did it but I found the sequence of gorgeous wide coastal scenery showed slight roughness during the panning. What player do you normally use?

Dale Guthormsen May 27th, 2007 08:33 AM

Geir,

My wife and I watched your footage and it is really a magnificant place and you did a great job portraying that!!!

Looks like great Peregrine falcon habitat!!! Lots of food for them!!!

Per Johan Naesje May 28th, 2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brendan Marnell (Post 686895)
... Is there something special in the drinking water in Norway? Or are you and Per Johan taking the same tablets?

In Norway we use a very strong liquid called "hjemmebrent". If you drink enough of it you become a star (at least you'll see the stars!) ;-)

Geir Inge May 29th, 2007 03:23 AM

Dale: Yes, it is a great habitat for "Peregrine falcon", and it's a shame that some people hunt this beautiful birds. In Norway there are strong "sentence" (me and my english) for nature crime and some places there are guarders wathcing where these birds breed.

Brendan: The gannets are beautiful sea birds, I just hope I can get some shots when they dive, thats incedable cool to look at. On this clip they are hunting a white tale eagle. About the drinking water, see my comment to Per Johan :)

Per Johan: We are very lucky in Norway to have some great fresh water, but I'm not sure it's "heimebrent" in it :) That's a very strong drink some mix in their coffee :) I'm a social youth worker and my job is to provide the young generation not to touch such things, but still, I'm a grown up :)

Brendan Marnell May 29th, 2007 03:30 AM

Fair enough; I'll drink to that!

Now who's buying?