DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The UWOL Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/)
-   -   Shark Tank for UWOL #6 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/uwol-challenge/107988-shark-tank-uwol-6-a.html)

Mat Thompson November 14th, 2007 06:46 PM

Shark Tank for UWOL #6

Well Its looking suspiciously like I'm very nearly in the tank. Those sharks can smell my bacon and are looking hungry!

I've had a let down from planned collaborators, that was idea 1 and a great one it would have been too. I've done some covert IR filming in the garden and ended up getting nothing but the local cat. And I've been walking around the local woods playing Tawny owl calls from a CD player hoping another would check me out.

Nadda, Nowt.............zip diddley!

Catherine Russell November 14th, 2007 07:18 PM

So sorry to hear this Mat! You always make the challenge so ... challenging! I sincerely hope something just falls in your lap between now and the 19th. It can happen! I know that you would never just throw something up just for the sake of being in, but fantastic footage can happen in an instance. It's not over until it's over.

Cat

Kevin Railsback November 14th, 2007 10:38 PM

Hope something jumps out at you before the deadline Mat!

I'm giving it one more go to come up with something this weekend and then I'll be jumpin in with ya. :-)

Trond Saetre November 15th, 2007 04:13 AM

Sorry to hear you are struggling, Mat.
There are still a few days left, so I really hope you manage to come up with something. Don't give up yet!

John Dennis Robertson November 15th, 2007 05:25 AM

As much as I hate signing up for something and not completing it.It looks like I may be swimming.

Catherine Russell November 15th, 2007 05:35 PM

Sorry to hear that John! Your entries liven up this challenge too! Hopefully you might get some inspiration this weekend?

Cat

Mat Thompson November 16th, 2007 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh dear oh dear.......mat is in trouble !

Meryem Ersoz November 16th, 2007 12:07 PM

...this is because he spends too much time messing around with photoshop and not enough time working on his entry. you have an entire weekend, lad! get out there and shoot something!

Catherine Russell November 17th, 2007 09:52 AM

Mat you crack me up! But I agree with Meryem.... I'm sure you were working on that photo when you could have been shooting film. For shame! ;-).

Cat

Can't help to admit that was very well done!

Meryem Ersoz November 17th, 2007 11:29 AM

way to pile on, cat! let's see if a little tough love is motivating.

we should print this on UWOL coffee cups, though...a drink from one of these every morning should keep a few folks out of the tank.

we can call it our "Spend the Morning With Mat" anti-shark tank campaign.

Russ Holland November 17th, 2007 11:50 AM

oh dear...

Looks like my first-time signup for the contest is ending in me swimming with the sharks. As a new-comer to this contest I didn't want to fail. The subject I chose was a simple one, weather and animals depending and while they are usually out and about, for almost a fortnight they were just not there...

So I hang my head in shame and take a dip...

Kevin Railsback November 17th, 2007 11:54 AM

I'm still trying to toss around ideas. I have small bits of several different ideas none of which would flow together. So, I'm trying to think of a bridge between them or something totally different.

Getting down to the wire!

Trond Saetre November 17th, 2007 05:41 PM

Russ, sorry to hear you take a swim this round.
Hope you stay with us in the future challenges!

Meryem Ersoz November 17th, 2007 07:56 PM

it will get easier, russ, i promise! i can't take the pain of seeing my fellow UWOLers in the tank, oh the agony!

Dale Guthormsen November 17th, 2007 09:34 PM

Guys,

You know, its ok to not have it all perfect, wonderful and exactly as anticipated.
If nothing else it will be a great editing exercise.

Titles: disgruntled videographer (emphesizing what wasn't got
perhaps)

night labrinth

chaotic collections

Underdeveloped (in numerous ways perhaps)

Night drive

Random access video

Ok, yea I know, easier said than done. Just do an abstract cut of what you have, eh???
One night left to shoot and an hour or two of editing and you are out of there!!